• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Visit from a fox

Karen's

Mama Doe
I was woken at 4am this morning by thumping bunnies, I jumped out of bed and looked out of the bedroom window to see a fox sniffing around outside the bunny shed. I've never moved so fast in all my life! I flew down the stairs, literally, and flung open the patio door and out into the garden. The fox easily jumped a six foot fence and ran off.
I live on the outskirts of a town but I suppose not far from farmers fields and forests and open land so I shouldn't be surprised but I am.
Thank goodness my bunnies were safe.
I'm getting a new metal walk in run built next week and it can't come soon enough. It's going to be made from metal dog run panels so should be bear proof never mind fox proof! I'll rest a little easier once it's built.

Oh dear, hope the fox doesn't come back again before you get your new run :shock:

I was woken at 4am this morning by thumping bunnies, I jumped out of bed and looked out of the bedroom window to see a fox sniffing around outside the bunny shed. I've never moved so fast in all my life! I flew down the stairs, literally, and flung open the patio door and out into the garden. The fox easily jumped a six foot fence and ran off.
I live on the outskirts of a town but I suppose not far from farmers fields and forests and open land so I shouldn't be surprised but I am.
Thank goodness my bunnies were safe.
I'm getting a new metal walk in run built next week and it can't come soon enough. It's going to be made from metal dog run panels so should be bear proof never mind fox proof! I'll rest a little easier once it's built.

I live in the middle of a big town and we regularly get foxes in our garden. I honestly think they are everywhere and always have to bite my tongue when people say 'oh I live miles away from any foxes!'

Really glad the bunnies woke you and that they are ok. Hopefully you scared the fox off.

I live in the middle of a big town and we regularly get foxes in our garden. I honestly think they are everywhere and always have to bite my tongue when people say 'oh I live miles away from any foxes!'

Really glad the bunnies woke you and that they are ok. Hopefully you scared the fox off.

Same :lol:

The last fox sighting in our village was before I was born, so over 22 years ago. But I have no doubt they're lurking in the surrounding fields, we live on the road coming into/out of the village so it's always fairly busy so lots of noise. But a 5 minute drive to my bf's and they're everywhere! I saw 3 last week. The last one was on Thursday when we were coming up the drive and it was slinking toward the chicken pen.. My bf whizzed up the drive and I ran out of the car screaming and clapping :lol: ..It was no where to be seen of course :lol:

I only saw a fox irl for the first time last year, made me feel a bit sick tbh! It's a scary sight and we only have the indoor buns at my bf's house.

Back