• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help! My rabbit has a pink gash?

SiennaBun

New Kit
Hi everyone...

My bunny, Sienna has a pink gash on her back right leg. It isn't on her paw, but it's on her leg, like her ankle. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, but it's pretty nasty. It's not bleeding, but the skin is raw and there's no fur there. I just noticed it today because she doesn't usually like me picking her up and stuff. I'm thinking that it could be sore hocks, but it's only on that one area, and she doesn't live in a wire cage & her litter box isn't wire either. I'll try and get a pic...please help I'm very worried about her.

I also posted this on BinkyBunny, but so far no one has responded. Please help, I'm very worried.

I would pop her to the vet to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiya... Yep, a vets visit would be prudent to prevent infection and it also my be sore which could lead to Sienna not eating...

Let us know how things go...

Healing vibes being sent

Fee x

Agree with the others, she needs to see a vet, so pop her down tomorrow. Sore hocks can happen for many reasons, even if they are on ideal flooring, they may still get them. Generally it doesn't look like a "gash" but looks like skin has been rubbed off or has become sore.

Back