• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for fitting lino to the floor of the wendy house?

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all,

Ive just bought a 6x6 wendy house for our buns and have read that lino is a good idea for flooring. I want to get one big roll to fit the floor but have no idea how to do this! Ive thought about staples with wood/metal around the edges but would staples be safe? Any tips would be most welcome! :)

Hi all,

Ive just bought a 6x6 wendy house for our buns and have read that lino is a good idea for flooring. I want to get one big roll to fit the floor but have no idea how to do this! Ive thought about staples with wood/metal around the edges but would staples be safe? Any tips would be most welcome! :)

Morning, I've got Lino in my shed and we tacked it down with staples and they are flush to floor so they won't hurt the buns at all, get someone who is good with DIY to do it, my dad and hubby did mine x

I haven't put Lino in a Wendy house but I have done some hutches and a bathroom floor! We bought Lino tiles which were really sticky on the back and just stuck them down. Worked really well.

I laid my lino on the floor before i put the walls on, I put a few staples on the very edge just to hold in place while I screwed the walls on, the walls then covered the staples.

I have just fitted our lino in our new rabbit playhouse. I bought it bigger and lipped it up the walls then have boarded over the top. No nail or tacks are on show and also there is no raw edges for them to chew or to get wee or poo down. :)

Double sided tape and then a trim/edging strip around the edge to stop the nibbling (and hide any wonky cuts) is probably the easiest :)

Back