• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hares!

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
As some of you know I'm LOVE hares! :love:

It's been my goal for some time now to spot hares in the wild,and up until last November I had spent 3 years trying to find them (not many in bristol :roll:) however I now have a regular spot to watch them :D:thumb: there is one hare that fascinates me more than most.....she is a funny thing, she is in no rush to run away like most hares and I was lucky enough to capture her on camera one day! :love: she was actually hopping right towards me! :shock: which was odd because I had Burt with me (9month old terrier who can't keep still for anything!)

Anyway for those who are interested here she is! Excuse my photos I'm not photographer plus trying to hold Burt......well, you can imagine! :lol:
There were two others in the field too but I was unable to capture them .

This is when she was hopping towards us!

Watching us!

Iconic hare! Pleased this wasn't blurry :love:

What beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing. I feel incredibly lucky having two belgian hares (Autumn and her son, Sunshine). Couldnt believe it when I saw them on the cottontails website - they still have a black and tan bh doe (bonded with another bun), Sunshine's sister, Belle.

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/rabbits-for-adoption/page/5/

Oooo 8,000 post count :D

Last edited:
Beautiful :love::love:

I love hares! I want to travel out west and see hares one day - my parents say when they were driving in desert areas in the middle of nowhere tons of jackrabbits would run out in front of their car. They were everywhere! Must be a stunning sight to see....although very sad when they get run over. Some people purposefully swerve to hit them:(

What beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing. I feel incredibly lucky having two belgian hares (Autumn and her son, Sunshine). Couldnt believe it when I saw them on the cottontails website - they still have a black and tan bh doe (bonded with another bun), Sunshine's sister, Belle.

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/rabbits-for-adoption/page/5/

Oooo 8,000 post count :D

You have Belgians now? Did I miss this? Wow! Lucky you :thumb::love:

You have Belgians now? Did I miss this? Wow! Lucky you :thumb::love:

Yes. I do feel lucky, every day. Sonshine is the friendliest of all my rabbits and is happy to be stroked :love:

Sunshine the friendly

Autumn the beautiful

I just cannot believe how much they eat!!!

Fantastic pics! I see them every time I go out for a ride. I wish I could take my camera, but it's not exactly practical. :lol:

Yes. I do feel lucky, every day. Sonshine is the friendliest of all my rabbits and is happy to be stroked :love:

Sunshine the friendly

Autumn the beautiful

I just cannot believe how much they eat!!!

WOW! I love them! Just getting my hare/bunny napping bag ready :lol:;)
Sorry I missed your post about getting them :cry:

Fantastic pics! I see them every time I go out for a ride. I wish I could take my camera, but it's not exactly practical. :lol:

Thanks :wave: I have no idea what to set my camera too :cry: but was just happy to capture something :thumb: lucky you!

We were thinking of getting a rescue Belgian hare for our real hare -

but have put it off in case we end up with another real hare!! (stranger things do happen - we have 3 wildie rabbits all from different places!).

We were thinking of getting a rescue Belgian hare for our real hare -

but have put it off in case we end up with another real hare!! (stranger things do happen - we have 3 wildie rabbits all from different places!).

Cottontails did try their belgian hare (belle) with their real hare but he didnt take to her. She is bonded with a lovely rew now.

Back