• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I get a friend? **Update got him a friend, Pics Post 9**

xShellx

Alpha Buck
My Rabbit Marble, Giant Papillon cross has been on his own for 2 years now since his friend died :cry:

He's now 7 years old and seams to be a little depressed. I have thought about getting him another friend but husband isn't keen as we weren't planning on getting any more Rabbits after him. Also his friend would outlive him and we would have to get the friend a friend, it would be never ending ect

I have just purchased a new run for him so I can leave him in the garden, At the moment he has free run of the garden but he doesn't get out enough as he should as have to supervise him, make sure the dog is shut away, plus we get foxes in the garden

Last edited:
Hiya, I have looked on rescue sites, but they all seam to be quite young. Also should I be looking for a buck or a doe? He always lived with another neutered buck (was suppose to be a doe when I brought him) until he died

I got him a friend yesterday :)

A gorgeous 3 year old mini lop called Star :)
I have temporary divided his hutch into 2 with wire mesh until I know they are fine together. I had them in the garden today, Star was in the Run and Marble was in garden and he chose to spend time with her.

Was thinking after a week or so should be able to put them together

here are some pics :)

:love:... Aww happy homecoming Star! I hope that all goes well with their 'relationship' ..

Good luck
fee x

Hi there

I love your rabbits and your new addition is lovely.

Can I just ask if you have experience of bonding? I'm just hoping that you have a neutral space to try them together. I think that having bunnies in the garden together in the way you are trying currently might cause issues for the bond unless you have somewhere away from what they will both consider 'territory'. You might be very lucky, but in my experience (based on people coming to me for bonding help), exercising the new arrival in what your original bunny will possibly be considering his own space might cause him to be a bit defensive when they actually meet properly.

If you haven't done bonding before, then there is a really good 'sticky' on here that you can read, or there are loads of folks on here that can help.

Good luck and I hope they get along.

Hiya. I bonded Marble, with another netured male 6 years ago but he's been on his own the last 2 years. I have only had that run a week so would Marble see it as his own? I normally let Marble have free range in the garden but brought the run so that both him and my dog could be in garden together. My dog loves spending hours lying in the sun but she can't be trusted with the Rabbits. :roll:

I was thinking of bonging them in a dog cage which neither have been in. Placed on the lawn?

Back