• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoppy Hour in America where people bring their bunnies to play together?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCtyvGYwKg

I thought rabbits were territorial even if neutered and so wouldnt like a strange place or mixing with unknown rabbits. Plus if they did bond, aren't they breaking the bond at the end of the hour?

*confused*

This. Dogs are social and get to meet and make friends when on walks, but as these are not 'pack' they don't form too close bonds and are used to going to different places, outside cats work out their territories themselves, whilst rabbits, inside or out, have their homes, and are stressed at new places with strange rabbits; and if they make friends, considering how large their warrens can get, it must be heartbreaking to leave them. Plus, for those that have been bonded, it must be confusing to go to a neutral space with a lot of rabbits; they might be thinking somebun is coming home with them.

I guess it's one of those where they're wanting to be kind & just misguided. Before I joined here, my ex & I had three single bunnies but we would sometimes let them out to play together. We thought it would be nice for them & never thought it would be the opposite :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's one of those where they're wanting to be kind & just misguided. Before I joined here, my ex & I had three single bunnies but we would sometimes let them out to play together. We thought it would be nice for them & never thought it would be the opposite :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I'm sure these people think that this is fabulous for the rabbits. They probably aren't considering the stress of having so many unfamiliar rabbits in one big unfamiliar place!?

I don't think its a good idea at all.

:shock: My indoor bun kicks off if he even catches a glimpse of the outdoor pair, I can't imagine wanting to put him together with a load of unknown rabbits!

I wonder if the rabbits get all territorial and fur starts flying?

Was it just me or did even that lovely Californian who was "needing stimulation" look absolutely miserable? :(
I've never seen so many rabbit noses going so fast in my life. The ones laying down or hiding in tubes looked like they wanted to disappear. It was like seeing rabbits at a livestock show.
Poor bunnies. I get the concept but this is not a good way for them. When will people stop using animals as an extension of themselves? :(
Am I right in thinking this is going on in Minnesota? Perhaps the local HRS there could look into it if they were notified?

There wasnt a single binky and nobun was really that happy at being there :( plus if that woman thinks her bun is intelligent & social why does she think an hour a week with strangers is a good thing? Oh well at least the bun is intelligent *shrugs at stupid humans again*

Last edited:
Back