• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jealous of a hamster!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I was giving my daughters hammy a thorough clean out this morning. Humphrey the hamster shares a room with Molly. Well, all the time I was cleaning him out she was round my feet and nipping at my slippers. I tried distracting her with some new hay and dried herbs which usually works but to no avail. Then after I had finished and popped hammy back in I knelt down to watch him for a while and Molly started scrabbling at my back and pulling my jumper clearly wanting my attention! I was of course happy to oblige.

Do any of your buns vie for your attention in this way? What will she be like in a few weeks when she has to share me with another bun?

I was giving my daughters hammy a thorough clean out this morning. Humphrey the hamster shares a room with Molly. Well, all the time I was cleaning him out she was round my feet and nipping at my slippers. I tried distracting her with some new hay and dried herbs which usually works but to no avail. Then after I had finished and popped hammy back in I knelt down to watch him for a while and Molly started scrabbling at my back and pulling my jumper clearly wanting my attention! I was of course happy to oblige.

Do any of your buns vie for your attention in this way? What will she be like in a few weeks when she has to share me with another bun?

I'm not sure if its an attention or a hungry thing :lol: but in the mornings when I sweep up the run and give Milo and Finn their pellet for the morning i'm sure one of them squeaked at me to hurry up with the sweeping already and get the pellet!

Also Milo will nudge me if I've been giving him nose rubs and then I stop. Finn doesn't care if he gets noserubs or not. :roll:

Back