• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So annoyed, its awful when there's nothing you can do...

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I've been recently looking for a small, female, spayed rabbit to bond with my two mini lop boys when they are neutered, I would love them to have a female friend. But lately as I've been scouring rescues I found myself looking on websites like gumtree as well, I figured if I couldn't find one suitable in a rescue I would get an unwanted rabbit that someone would have taken to a rescue or given away to someone unsuitable to care for them anyway.

What is really really getting on my nerves is this...

''Male/Female rabbit for sale because my kids have lost interest and I don't have time for it''

WHAT? SERIOUSLY? are these people actually dim witted and stupid? Did they seriously buy their kids a pet expecting THEM to do all of the hard work? Kids lose interest in things the fastest I've ever known...

Sorry I really needed a rant. I just feel so sorry for all of these little bunnies kept in rubbish conditions and passed from pillar to post.

It makes my blood boil...:evil::cry:

A couple of years ago the fashionable "reason" was we are moving into a place with no garden or where we aren't allowed pets, etc, or, we've just got a dog and it won't leave the rabbit alone and we don't think it's fair. So sad :cry:

A couple of years ago the fashionable "reason" was we are moving into a place with no garden or where we aren't allowed pets, etc, or, we've just got a dog and it won't leave the rabbit alone and we don't think it's fair. So sad :cry:

still very common reasons! also 'we didn't realise one was a boy/girl' or 'they've been fighting'. i always think thats so bad because the people just give up one of them instead of dealing with the problem (neutering, rebonding etc.) you also always think, what kind of life does the lonely one they didn't hand in have?

Even when you think you've heard every excuse going, someone will still surprise you.

I think the excuse that someone on RU saw on Gumtree or similar takes some beating......someone was selling their mouse as they wanted to upgrade to a hamster. You just despair with people. :(

It's also amazing how many people seem to become allergic to their rabbits as soon as winter and bad weather is approaching.

I once had to collect a rabbit from someone's home, they couldn't even be bothered to take it to the rescue. Celia considered it to be in danger, so I went to fetch it. It was still very young and still small, but apparently it had 'grown too big'. They bought it as a baby....what did they expect it to do. Had to bite my tongue. :evil:

Even when you think you've heard every excuse going, someone will still surprise you.

I think the excuse that someone on RU saw on Gumtree or similar takes some beating......someone was selling their mouse as they wanted to upgrade to a hamster. You just despair with people. :(

It's also amazing how many people seem to become allergic to their rabbits as soon as winter and bad weather is approaching.

I once had to collect a rabbit from someone's home, they couldn't even be bothered to take it to the rescue. Celia considered it to be in danger, so I went to fetch it. It was still very young and still small, but apparently it had 'grown too big'. They bought it as a baby....what did they expect it to do. Had to bite my tongue. :evil:

Its disgusting it really is. I'm convinced that I want to try and rescue a bunny because its a good things to do and once my utility room is done out properly (in 3-4 weeks or so) then I will have plenty of room! But seeing things like this annoy me so much. No concern at all for the life of the animal. I'm considering having children in the next couple of years and I would simply NOT abandon my bunnies just because of a change in circumstance. YOU have to adapt, not the poor animal...

I would simply NOT abandon my bunnies just because of a change in circumstance. YOU have to adapt, not the poor animal...

Hear hear! It annoys me so much when I see the pathetic excuses people come up with for selling their pets :evil::censored:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back