• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny savvy vet came to see the facilities that I offer...for bunnies and guinea pigs

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Andy Barside came over on Saturday to see the facilities that I offer for rabbits and guinea pigs. The practice have been recommending the accommodation that I offer, for ages, but had never seen the set ups that I have.

Andy was very impressed with what he saw and what I said about caring for other peoples' furry friends.

So, I am one very, very happy bunny.

Perhaps he may consider putting a comment on my small animal boarding page and on my website.

Fingers crossed.:thumb:

:thumb: how could he be anything less than impressed?!

Hopefully he'll recommend you even more highly now, and you'll have lots more business (fingers crossed)!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

:thumb: how could he be anything less than impressed?!

Hopefully he'll recommend you even more highly now, and you'll have lots more business (fingers crossed)!

Fingers crossed.

I need to market another area of my business now. You know when a bunny is well enough to go home, but needs to have medication during the day and their owners are out at work, well perhaps I could pop in to their homes, or at a cost slightly less than staying at the vets, they could come to me. What do you think?

Fingers crossed.

I need to market another area of my business now. You know when a bunny is well enough to go home, but needs to have medication during the day and their owners are out at work, well perhaps I could pop in to their homes, or at a cost slightly less than staying at the vets, they could come to me. What do you think?

A bunny carer :D you could perhaps offer day boarding for ill bunnies? Would mean people have peace of mind that their bunny is being looked after, and kept an eye on all day while they are ill! That would be a good recommendation for the vet to make as well to keep their spaces free!

A bunny carer :D you could perhaps offer day boarding for ill bunnies? Would mean people have peace of mind that their bunny is being looked after, and kept an eye on all day while they are ill! That would be a good recommendation for the vet to make as well to keep their spaces free!

That's a good idea apart from that a bunny would most likely not cope well with the change of scenery. :( A poorly bunny would want to stay where it knows. However, I think the idea of offering a bun somewhere to stay instead of the vets is a good idea because the bun would probably be better off in a boarding environment than a vet environment (no dogs, cats etc), as long as you could deal with the responsibility. :shock: Personally I couldn't even offer boarding without being completely terrified of them being ill. :lol:

That's a good idea apart from that a bunny would most likely not cope well with the change of scenery. :( A poorly bunny would want to stay where it knows. However, I think the idea of offering a bun somewhere to stay instead of the vets is a good idea because the bun would probably be better off in a boarding environment than a vet environment (no dogs, cats etc), as long as you could deal with the responsibility. :shock: Personally I couldn't even offer boarding without being completely terrified of them being ill. :lol:

True about them not coping.

I'd definitely rather my buns be in boarding than a vets!
Especially after serious procedures like neutering/spaying, where they need a lot of care

Fingers crossed.

This is definitely a 'go-er' so to speak. We've actually had a number of what we call 'vet referrals' in the past, when the bunny has been not coping in a clinical environment but they're still not well enough to go home or they need more intensive care than the owner can provide. When they come to us, they still get the round the clock care they would have at the vets, but in a much more 'normal' and relaxed environment.

It's quite daunting though, taking on a known-to-be-ill bun :shock: but so far, we've only had positive outcomes :D

My only concern would be that as others have said, they may get stressed away from home. Also you would have to consider the infection risk too. I would be wary of boarding my rabbit where I knew there were sick rabbits. I know a lot of boarding places insist on rabbits being vaccinated and some sick rabbits cannot be vaccinated for health reasons so again an increased risk there :(

My only concern would be that as others have said, they may get stressed away from home. Also you would have to consider the infection risk too. I would be wary of boarding my rabbit where I knew there were sick rabbits. I know a lot of boarding places insist on rabbits being vaccinated and some sick rabbits cannot be vaccinated for health reasons so again an increased risk there :(

We've only ever had non-infectious buns come to stay (e.g. one girly was depressed because she'd had a litter of stillborn kits and needed syringe feeding so that she didn't slip into stasis, another was a dental bun who was getting super-stressed at the vets).

Back