• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The runaround is set up FINALLY!!!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Not that the bunnies are excited...

There's been lots of looking at the hole from inside... (Excuse messy shed, this was before clean out!)

And lots of looking through at the other side...

But so far no bunny has set foot in the run :lol:

This is the bit of the garden where the pipe crosses. It's not finished obviously, I ran out of bark :lol: Going to put a few more plants there too. I managed to use some old mesh shelves and a bamboo blind I cut to put on the back of the trellis in the corner so it looks nice aswell as keeping bunnies from escaping!

I've hung a couple of bird feeders up!

That looks lovely! I think it's funny how bunnies test out the tubes. Mine do that thing where they peer out the end then get nervous and reverse back up the tunnel :lol:

I hope they come out and enjoy the run soon :)

Thanks, Skye and Dash both tried it out while we were trying to fix it up! :lol: But soon backed up! I looked out before and Heidi put a paw down on the floor but then backed up again!! It's raining now so I doubt they'll venture out now :(

I reckon they'll soon get the hang of it again. I just put a 4ft hutch in their run and used one of my old runaround pipes for them to get from the run to it, anyone would think that they'd never used one before at first :lol: it's funny to see 4 buns trying to use it instead of 2, there's more traffic jams :lol:

I reckon they'll soon get the hang of it again. I just put a 4ft hutch in their run and used one of my old runaround pipes for them to get from the run to it, anyone would think that they'd never used one before at first :lol: it's funny to see 4 buns trying to use it instead of 2, there's more traffic jams :lol:

I know :lol: I did think of having 2 pipes originally as I had 2 pipes, but would have meant buying 2 more doors. I was thinking more of when they were first bonded, I didn't want any territorial behaviour over the pipe! I don't think they'll be any issues like that but it was funny watching them backing up to find someone else there :lol: At one point Summer had gone down and Heidi was sat at the shed end watching the hole, then Summer backed up, out popped her bum, Heidi nipped it and Summer had to go back up the pipe again :lol: I thought they'd take to it straight away, they've had the pipe in their temp run, but it's not the pipe, it's the other end they're not so sure about :lol: They prob think what's this, where's the grass?! :lol:

:lol: when I change anything especially in their run they are always quite cautious at first. The other day I replaced all the playbark and it took them a few minutes to dare to go on it :lol:

:lol: when I change anything especially in their run they are always quite cautious at first. The other day I replaced all the playbark and it took them a few minutes to dare to go on it :lol:

Probably going to miss all the fun tomorrow when I'm at work :(

Brilliant set up - I wish I had your imagination as I'm totally stumped as to creating the set ups for my buns! :roll: :D

It looks fab! Lucky bunnies! Have they gone through and into the aviary yet?

They hadn't this morning :( I think it had rained most of the night tho so they stayed tucked up inside! I however had a terrible nights sleep worrying and had a dream that I looked out and they were all running around in it playing but then Summer somehow (it was dreamworld :lol:) got on top of the pipe and into the garden and I had to rush out to get her! As soon as I woke up I had to rush to the back window to check :lol: Can't wait to get home from work to see if they're in/been in :D

I reckon they'll have waited till after you went to work and then come out to play :lol: it's been lovely here today so hopefully they'll have used their fab new space :thumb:

I reckon they'll have waited till after you went to work and then come out to play :lol: it's been lovely here today so hopefully they'll have used their fab new space :thumb:

I know it's been nice here too and really warm so I bet they have been out today rather than being stuck in a stuffy shed! Their dig box will be lovely and cool for them in warm weather :D

Back