• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much would you pay for rabbit grooming?

FondueKid

Alpha Buck
Obviously many of us on here do this ourselves, however if you are/were a new/inexperienced owner, or there was another reason you would find it difficult to do this yourself, how much do you think is reasonable to charge for:

full groom through with brushes and combs to remove undercoat and any matts
eye clean if required
full bottom check, including matt removal, gland cleaning and bottom bath if required
nail trim

All answers are of much use to me, so thank you in advance :D

Last edited:
I think i would probably pay about a tenner, as I'd pay about £20 for a nail clip at the vets. I think nail clipping is something a lot of people would be interested in paying for but maybe less so grooming if they're short haired? :)

£10 including the nail clipping.

But I probably wouldn't do it unless I needed their fur clipped or if they were really matted, as it's not worth the stress it would cause them when I can do it at home. And I wouldn't want to take them to a grooming place really, as they are noisy places full of dogs. I would be more inclined to do it if it was at, or connected with, my vet's practice though.

I wouldn't, and I don't think many people would. The only time I believe a rabbit needs regular grooming is if they were a double lionhead or angora, and then I doubt people would pay to have their rabbit groomed everyday. All my buns despise being groomed and I think if someone else were to do it, it would stress them out even more. :lol:

What I was aiming at, is doing it in the rabbit's home so it's as stress free as possible, and aiming it at rabbits who are already matted. Or as a nail clipping service at the rabbit's home. So the rabbit never needs to travel. In which case I need to also make it viable for me given travel costs etc. Because I agree that most rabbits will not need regular grooming and I would not imply that wasn't the case. On researching the equivalent seems to be having their whole bottom and tail shaved at a dog parlour, which I was shocked by. I really don't think mine would cope at all with a wash and blow dry and shave, especially with dogs around.

I think it's a great idea :thumb:

I'd certainly pay £10 - I hate doing Rolo's claws and a visit to the vet only stresses him out!

I wouldn't - simply as I do all necessary grooming/claw clips at home. I can see it being a good idea for people that usually go to the vets for claw clips though, but I'm not sure once you incorporate travel and insurance (a must) I think your charges would be more than people want to pay to be honest :(

Some good points have been made re; stress of travelling/new place. I see that you would be going to the rabbit's home to do it. Mine all get free nail clips when they go to have their vaccs done.

Obviously many of us on here do this ourselves, however if you are/were a new/inexperienced owner, or there was another reason you would find it difficult to do this yourself, how much do you think is reasonable to charge for:

full groom through with brushes and combs to remove undercoat and any matts
eye clean if required
full bottom check, including matt removal, gland cleaning and bottom bath if required
nail trim

All answers are of much use to me, so thank you in advance :D

For my Millie biting bun I would happily pay you at least £20 for the above full groom but you would have to come fully armoured with nerves of steel and the patience of a saint! :thumb: :D :lol:

I would pay £20 for Harley - she and I hate grooming sessions as it is such a battle - but she is far better behaved with someone who she doesn't know but does know how to handle rabbits - she can sense that I'm a bit nervous (of hurting her) so she gives me a hard time...little tinker that she is :love:

HappyHop said:
Where abouts are you based?
Dont forget your travelling cost?

I'm based in the Romford area, but happy to cover London, Kent and Essex. I will be charging expenses for those who are over 10m from my location (20p per mile).

catherine09 said:
I can see it being a good idea for people that usually go to the vets for claw clips though, but I'm not sure once you incorporate travel and insurance (a must) I think your charges would be more than people want to pay to be honest

I agree that it might be more than some people want to pay, however I think that it is an important service and there is value in offering it, even if it doesn't end up being my highest subscribed service!

Rabcat said:
For my Millie biting bun I would happily pay you at least £20 for the above full groom but you would have to come fully armoured with nerves of steel and the patience of a saint!

Lol! That wouldn't be a problem :) I think Birmingham is a bit far though!! ;)

I would pay £20 for Harley - she and I hate grooming sessions as it is such a battle - but she is far better behaved with someone who she doesn't know but does know how to handle rabbits - she can sense that I'm a bit nervous (of hurting her) so she gives me a hard time...little tinker that she is :love:

How far into Kent are you? Harley is SUCH a hottie :love:

Back