• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bunny, Rosie

nixndaz

Warren Scout
6yrutehe.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I went to give her previous owner some advice this morning as one of his girls gave birth last night but unfortunately all the babies we're dead this morning. There also may be another pregnant doe so we took her out and put her into a smaller hutch on her own.
Basically, he had 9 bunnies. 4 boys in one hutch. 2 of the boys were neutered when he got them and there were 5 girls in the other hutch but 1 of them turned out to be a boy!! The hutches were a good size but for 2-3 bunnies not as many as he had in them.
He doesn't really know what he's doing. I advised him to downsize the bunnies as he didn't want to pay to neuter them. I also told him that the vet bills would soon add up if the un-neutered bunnies started fighting. By the time I left, he'd decided to keep the neutered pair and another 3 year old male that he's had from a baby and he's keeping a female. He's keeping the possibly pregnant bunny for now to see if she has babies then he'll be rehoming her at the same time the bunnies are ready to be rehomed.
My husband gave me strict instructions not to bring home anymore bunnies as I already have 5 but I couldn't leave her there. I already have 2 bonded pairs and my other bunny is booked in to be neutered in 11 days time. I've booked her in for the same day. Hopefully she's not pregnant!! I'm hoping to bond these 2 and then bond them with my pair in the shed.
Definitely no more bunnies for me!!

Aww :love: How old is she? She looks like a cross between my two bunnies, Millie's black stripe but more Maddie's shape.

Thank goodness you were able to advise Rosie's previous owner. Sounds like you have managed to save some rabbits from a tough time, depending on their new homes ofcourse. Rosie is lovely.

Hope you manage a good bond. I loved bonding my lot, it was fascinating but stressful!

I bonded my other 2 pairs quite easily so I'm hoping this one hoes just as well. Rosie's 6 months old and it's her sister that's possibly pregnant :(
Rosie's very relaxed laying on my belly at the moment. I think she's glad of the peace.
atahuqy8.jpg

Unfortunately, we don't have a rescue centre for bunnies up here in shetland. The nearest is in aberdeen and that means a 12 hour ferry journey for them!! We have to rely the likes of Facebook and local advertising up here to rehome animals.

Back