• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question on nethie temperment

Deffinetley not!
Both my buns are netherland dwarf crossed with mini lop and one of them loves cuddles!
Bella loves cuddles and binky just loves running around, I've heard they can be aggressive and nippy but ive never been nipped and the most agression I get is they use their paws to push my hands away when they've had enough nose rubs :lol:
Bella licks me and is really affectionate and binky can be just as affectionate, although she prefurs to run and binky everywhere :lol:

My first rabbit was a nethie crossed with mini lop too and she never nipped or anything, she was sweet as aswell!

The buns are really good with my youngest brother and he hand fed them their pellets this morning and they stay really calm to cuddle him because its like they know hes young :lol:
I wouldn't let him go near them if I thought for one second they would nip him :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Meg is half nethie, half lion head and she can be really sweet and want attention and cuddles but she can also be a right grump!

see but theyre crossed with stereotypically squishy bunnies:lol:
i have seen a gazillion nethies and they all seem to be full of tude.

my lions and minilop have always been cuddle bugs:lol:

Sometimes they can throw a strop if their pellets aren't on time or if they have to go to the vets, but im pretty sure thats normal :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Alice is a little :censored: but one of my first bunnies Bubble was a nethie and she was probably the cuddliest bunny I've ever had.

Jasper is part nethie and he likes his space but he does like a cuddle (on his terms) too. Buttons and Nibbles are lops x lionheads and they are really grumpy, Nibbles doesn't mind a cuddle every now and again but Buttons will hurt you :lol:

Kerbie is a cross and loves cuddles, he usually falls asleep during fuss :lol: Doesn't mind being picked up either, which is a first for me to have a rabbit accept being plucked off the ground!

I've had pure nethies for the last 25 years and they are all different. Some like cuddles, some don't, some like handling, some don't, some are grumpy, some aren't. However, they all have loads and loads of energy- that's the one common theme between them all.

Wouldn't ever be without a nethie.

Thanks all. im going to meet a future family member next week and passed experience with nethies put me off a little :lol:

I've had pure nethies for the last 25 years and they are all different. Some like cuddles, some don't, some like handling, some don't, some are grumpy, some aren't. However, they all have loads and loads of energy- that's the one common theme between them all.

Wouldn't ever be without a nethie.
<3 maybe then ill strike lucky and get a cuddle bug or at least one thats not going to eat me:oops::lol:

If he (or she, to be fair) is going to be successful if your home then you need to accept him for who he is, not want him to be something for you. If you want him to be something specific for your benefit, then you will doom the poor chap to failure. If you want a bunny to cuddle, then this probably isn't the way to go about it.

If he (or she, to be fair) is going to be successful if your home then you need to accept him for who he is, not want him to be something for you. If you want him to be something specific for your benefit, then you will doom the poor chap to failure. If you want a bunny to cuddle, then this probably isn't the way to go about it.

I agree...

Oh hell yes of course. we already have a diva and a snuggle bum the outdoors are destructo buns and grumpy...
im prepared for another grump i was just more so curious if nethies are all grumps :lol:

Neither of my two nethies are cuddly and neither like being handled. Fudge is quite grumpy. She nips at feeding time and stomps/grunts a lot. She also gives lots of licks though. Truffle is more inquisitive and sweet-natured and very energetic but still not cuddly!
They don't like to sit still long enough for cuddles.

Back