• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lois/ photos p93/ allergy?? p121/ ITS NOT MYXI!/ Now possible coccidiosis

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

Steve is rushing her to the vets now. Yesterday she seemed a bit down so we popped her out in the sunshine which she loved. But while out there we saw her sneeze a big lump of pus out of one nostril, so we intended to ring our vet as soon as they open tomorrow. This morning I got up and found her not looking at all well. Very runny nose and refusing to eat pellets/hay but still eating veg so hoped we could hold on until tomorrow.

However I then picked her up to give her some critical care and found one of her lop ears is swollen and extremely hot :cry: I've not seen anything like it before so we have rushed her straight to the OOH vet.

We are now praying it is one of our normal excellent OOh vets on duty rather than a rubbish bank holiday locum :?

Lois is such a gentle soul who has been through a lot in her life looking after Peter and then losing him recently. She deserves a good life now, not more illness :cry:

Last edited:
Thank you x

She saw a good vet who gave her an antibiotic injection and pain relief to keep her going until our own vet opens. Her temp is normal and teeth look good. The vet was unsure about her ear and to be fair I have never seen anything like it before. Apparently she was a right feisty tart at the vet which is rather embarrassing when you ring up claiming your bunny is at deaths door! Anyway she is eating some carrot at the moment so hopefully we can keep her comfortable until she sees our own vet :D

She has eaten some carrot and parsley and is currently munching a bunny biscuit. Not great but enough to get her through until tomorrow. She is still pooping well so that is something :)

Oh poor Lois :( Sending healing vibes and prayers her way. I hope she makes a quick and complete recovery. :love:

I keep thinking I've read something about bunny ears getting swollen and hot before but can't remember where or what caused it. :( Stupid crummy memory :evil:

And of course it's always OOH with our bunnies. :roll: Thank goodness there was a vet available who was able to help. :)

Thinking of you. xxxx

Oh poor Lois :( Sending healing vibes and prayers her way. I hope she makes a quick and complete recovery. :love:

I keep thinking I've read something about bunny ears getting swollen and hot before but can't remember where or what caused it. :( Stupid crummy memory :evil:

And of course it's always OOH with our bunnies. :roll: Thank goodness there was a vet available who was able to help. :)

Thinking of you. xxxx

We had a rabbit like that years ago and it did not end well :(

Lois has been seen Juliet our exotics vet this morning. She is very concerned about her especially her ear So Lois has been admitted and will be having blood tests, be put under general observation and have her ear more thoroughly examined. Im a rather worried bunny mummy :cry:

Back