• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doe or buck

Honestly, it all depends on the individual rabbit. They all have different personalities. Generally speaking, I have found that the boys tend to be friendlier and the girls a bit moodier, but again, it just depends on the rabbit.

If you can, it's best if you can sit down and spend some time with each rabbit you are looking at, to get to know it's personality better.

Many people believe buck's are more laid back and more suitable for first time owners. Female's tend to be more territorial. Either way, there is no set temperament and every rabbit is different. Please consider adopting 2 neutered rabbits, ideally a male and a female pair as they shouldn't be forced to live solitary lives. :)

You should get a pair. A single bun will get lonely. Sex doesn't matter, all rabbits have different personalities. My buck loves me and constantly demands attention but at the same time he is very aggressive and often nips and boxes me. I've only had one buck and 3 does, the girls have varied completely. I have one that wants noting to do with me, but is happy for me to give her nose rubs now and again. She is never aggressive and is a complete sweet heart. My other doe is very temperamental but loves nose rubs, she isn't afraid to nip me either, though. :lol: My bridge bun (doe) was the sweetest bun ever. She was so gentle and even used to lick me and groom my fringe. She didn't have a bad bone in her body.

As above posts

A pair of neutered mixed sex bunnies and by going to a rescue you can meet existing pairs that have known personalities so that you can choose the specific pair that will suit you as a first timer. There will be some that would suit you and some that won't, but I can guarantee it won't be down to the sex, simply the character and health of the specific rabbits you meet.

Honestly, it all depends on the individual rabbit. They all have different personalities. Generally speaking, I have found that the boys tend to be friendlier and the girls a bit moodier, but again, it just depends on the rabbit.

If you can, it's best if you can sit down and spend some time with each rabbit you are looking at, to get to know it's personality better.

Ok I will Bear that in mind. Millz777

Many people believe buck's are more laid back and more suitable for first time owners. Female's tend to be more territorial. Either way, there is no set temperament and every rabbit is different. Please consider adopting 2 neutered rabbits, ideally a male and a female pair as they shouldn't be forced to live solitary lives. :)

Ok thanks I will be a first time owner. Millz777

You should get a pair. A single bun will get lonely. Sex doesn't matter, all rabbits have different personalities. My buck loves me and constantly demands attention but at the same time he is very aggressive and often nips and boxes me. I've only had one buck and 3 does, the girls have varied completely. I have one that wants noting to do with me, but is happy for me to give her nose rubs now and again. She is never aggressive and is a complete sweet heart. My other doe is very temperamental but loves nose rubs, she isn't afraid to nip me either, though. :lol: My bridge bun (doe) was the sweetest bun ever. She was so gentle and even used to lick me and groom my fringe. She didn't have a bad bone in her body.

Yes I was going to get 2 but I was not sure if they should both be does or buck or one of each! Thank you for helping. Millz777

As above posts

A pair of neutered mixed sex bunnies and by going to a rescue you can meet existing pairs that have known personalities so that you can choose the specific pair that will suit you as a first timer. There will be some that would suit you and some that won't, but I can guarantee it won't be down to the sex, simply the character and health of the specific rabbits you meet.

Ok thank you. Millz777

If you get one of each they are a lot more likely to get along. Two males or two females can be ok, but generally a male and a female will be easier to bond and less likely to fall out :wave:

As above posts

:thumb:

So not two girls or two boys?

I have 2 boys together who I bonded myself. They get on wonderfully, but I'm not a first time owner and had the confidence to bond them. Only get 2 males if you go to a rescue and they're already bonded. It's unusual for 2 females to bond successfully but it can happen. If I were you I would definitely get a male x female pair.

I have 2 boys together who I bonded myself. They get on wonderfully, but I'm not a first time owner and had the confidence to bond them. Only get 2 males if you go to a rescue and they're already bonded. It's unusual for 2 females to bond successfully but it can happen. If I were you I would definitely get a male x female pair.

Ok thanks but if I get a pair I will probley get an already bonded pair. Millz777

Back