• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden plants

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi all, I know there's all the 'safe plant' lists etc but it can all get a bit overwhelming so I was wondering if people can recommend some cheap, easy to grow/care for, attractive plants that I can use in my garden that will be bunny safe (but not too tasty that they all get eaten!)? They'll mainly be plants in pots. I've got loads of nasturtium seeds to grow but I will want some plants that I can go and buy ready grown aswell! Thanks :)

I'm not sure about the not too tasty bit :lol: but herbs are usually quite cheap and easy to grow. Even I've managed to grow rosemary, and lavender, though not from seed :oops::lol: you could try those, and mint too. I'm no gardener, hopefully someone who knows about gardening will be able to help :thumb:

Herbs are very easy, I'm growing parsley, mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, coriander, and oregano on my windowsill :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the not too tasty bit :lol: but herbs are usually quite cheap and easy to grow. Even I've managed to grow rosemary, and lavender, though not from seed :oops::lol: you could try those, and mint too. I'm no gardener, hopefully someone who knows about gardening will be able to help :thumb:

Thanks :D I have got some lavender which I've out on the side of the run. I'm rubbish at gardening too, I make things look nice but then fail to maintain it! Determined to try harder :lol:

Herbs are very easy, I'm growing parsley, mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, coriander, and oregano on my windowsill :)

Do they not get eaten by slugs and snails? I've got a couple of 'stands' (things I've taken out of the rabbits housing and r now redundant :lol:) that would look good with herbs on but imagined they'd just get demolished by something or other!!

Do they not get eaten by slugs and snails? I've got a couple of 'stands' (things I've taken out of the rabbits housing and r now redundant :lol:) that would look good with herbs on but imagined they'd just get demolished by something or other!!

Well mine are growing indoors lol I'd be useless with a garden to be honest. I'm sure there's a way to stop slugs? Other people must do?

I'm off out tomorrow for some flowers for the buns too. I've just written myself a list of flowers that I think the garden centre will sell, and I've actually heard of! So far I've got pansy and viola and pot marigold which I think are usually quite cheep, and also fuchsia, geranium, and cosmos, and campanula which I think are a bit like pansys but I could be wrong on that! I'm going to get herbs too, mint, lavender, basil, parsley, and maybe even some strawberry plants.
Hope this helps.

I'm off out tomorrow for some flowers for the buns too. I've just written myself a list of flowers that I think the garden centre will sell, and I've actually heard of! So far I've got pansy and viola and pot marigold which I think are usually quite cheep, and also fuchsia, geranium, and cosmos, and campanula which I think are a bit like pansys but I could be wrong on that! I'm going to get herbs too, mint, lavender, basil, parsley, and maybe even some strawberry plants.
Hope this helps.

Thanks good idea taking a list! I want some strawberry plants too! Got some last year that seem to be regrowing fingers crossed!

Back