• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neo, please stop making Mummy feel guilty!

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
:wave:

Back from hols and Neo is all good. He's been given some medication to help with his sneezing and I haven't heard him sneeze since taking it, so hopefully at the end of the course it will have really improved.
We have tidied and decluttered most of downstairs and the last couple of days he's been given 15 mins very supervised run of downstairs, as it's still not really rabbit proof. The rest of the time when we are in, he's out just in a penned off bit of the front room or when we are out, in his 6ft x 4ft pen.

We've just put him away to eat lunch and MY GOD!!! He's eating the puppy pen metal, pushing at it, scratching at it, stamping...

He's got so much room compared to some of his more unlucky friends in rescues and bad homes, but I still feel guilty!!!

Is there anything I can do, or do I just need to wait for him to settle? He's seemed to stop acting angry at me but it breaks my heart! Damn rabbits, so cheeky, smart and innocent... Not!!!

Ferg does this when he gets shut in at night for a few minutes (he can't be out free range at night or I won't get any sleep!) but he seems to settle down fairly quickly, he's definitely got better over time
Is there any way of expanding his run a bit? Maybe a bit extra would make him happier, I think mine is 7.5x5 at the moment but I want it a bit bigger really

I tend to give ferg his veg when I shut him in and I've started doing a massive hay change just before bed to keep him occupied which is working for me touch wood at the moment! :)
Hope he settles down - don't feel too guilty! :)

I've let him out again now.
He's never had free range, so he's finding it all very exciting!

He's allowed in all of downstairs which consists of... Living room, dining room, kitchen, pantry and hallway. He's currently zooming around for the first time as the last 3 times he's just been exploring so I guess he's more confident that there's no other animals or scary stuff around.

First few times I followed him around and just now I kept an ear out but the only wires are ones I could see when sat listening.

I'm so excited to be able to have a semi house bunny, it's a bit risky for it just to be me though, as earlier someone rang the doorbell and luckily my other half helped me get Neo back in the pen within a few mins rather than half hour on my own!!!

Awwww that's so exciting! Mine has free range of my bedroom when I'm in and if it's not a naughty bunny day he's out when im out :) it's so nice seeing them happy!

Mines now trained to go in when I say bed and point but that's taken a year and a lot of crunchies... :)

Can he see / hear you when you put him in his pen? That drives my two mad (actually no it's just Maddie!) but once I go to bed they settle down in a few minutes.

I feel bad putting them in their pen when I go to work but realistically I know that when they are out all day at the weekends they run round for a bit in the morning (they get a run round before I go to work anyway) and then spend the rest of the afternoon lazying around and eating hay until evening time.

In terms of getting him back in his cage/pen, my two learnt in a few months that when I say "what's this?" (in the stupid voice we all do to our pets!) they are about to get something to eat and come flying over to where I am! I didn't have to train them as such, I probably only do it once or twice a day (with veggies and fenugreek crunchies) but they soon learnt it.

At night time now I only have to open the fridge door and turn the tap on (to wash the veg) and they go and sit in their base and wait! :lol:

Back