• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice ASAP please, don't know what to do :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Molly. Do I take her to Ashleigh this morning to be admitted? I think it's a lose-lose situation here :( she is still eating bits - she eats all the mashed banana I give her, some plantain, some watercress and bramble leaves. She isn't really drinking. Strange poo coming out - like faecal pellets mixed with sloppy stuff. She is alert and moving around more, and actually comes over for her banana. I recognise it all too well, it is brought on by too much stress at the vets, just like Honey. So is she eating enough to keep her going? Or not? She is having an occasional bit of hay but not much. Bear in mind if she gets admitted, she is highly unlikely to eat for herself at all, she gets highly stressed. So syringe feeding will increase her stress. Just help me please, someone, what would you do???

Very difficult because Ashley does much better at home as well. Can you ring a vet and see what they think, I would probably take her though because it sounds like she could be dehydrated

If she has something going in, something coming out, has her medication and is reasonably alert I would not take her at this stage. It sounds as though she needs some 'chill out' time, not more stress.

Try not to feed her too much banana, the high sugar content wont help her guts. Also, try not to let her pick up on your (understandable) anxiety. Try to be calm and 'matter of fact' around her. Keep her usual routine ticking over and be as 'hands off' as possible.

You can then review the decision re going to the Vet after a few hours.

Last edited:
If she has something going in, something coming out, has her medication and is reasonably alert I would not take her at this stage. It sounds as though she needs some 'chill out' time, not more stress.

Try not to feed her too much banana, the high sugar content wont help her guts. Also, try not to let her pick up on your (understandable) anxiety. Try to be calm and 'matter of fact' around her. Keep her usual routine ticking over and be as 'hands off' as possible.

You can then review the decision re going to the Vet after a few hours.

Thank you Jane :love: that helps immensely.
Re: the banana, I just thought it was better she eat that rather than nothing, but I will give her less x

I completely agree with Jane. Hopefully she will gradually start to show improvement over time. Sorry things are so stressful.

I completely agree with Jane. Hopefully she will gradually start to show improvement over time. Sorry things are so stressful.

Thank you x

And thanks to Jemima and Ashbunny too x

I will do that. They have their own 24 hour emergency service so taking her later would be fine, if needs be. Thanks again, I feel much calmer with a plan :)

Since i first posted, Molly has improved loads :D she's eaten about 10 small bramble leaves, a small handful of dried plantain and half a saucer of kale!! :shock: Come on Molly!!! :D

Sometimes with stress-head Bunnies 'less is more' as far as intervention from a human goes !! If only we could get them to understand that our interventions are simply us trying to help them.

This is so true - I dread the day Rosie may need treatment. She is definitely a hands off bunny.

Sending loads of vibes for Mollie, I hope she continues to improve cc

Shadowfax is a very stressy bunny, she actually went into full blown stasis due to stress over bonfire night because of the fireworks. It took her a long time to recover because every time I had to administer meds, she'd stress out and it'd start all over again. It's a vicious circle and I really do sympathise with you.

Leaving her quiet is definitely the best thing to do as long as she is eating something. Sending her lots and lots of vibes. x

Back