• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping The Bunny Shed Bug Free

With the bunny living in the shed, its gathering a lot of insects etc, I am trying to clean it out every other day.

I was just wondering if this sounds safe enough..

Every week or so, I take the bunny inside my house and take all the bunny hay/toys etc out of the shed. Spray the shed with bug spray (shown bellow), and leave the door shut for half an hour or so. After that ill open up the shed door and let it air out for a couple of hours before the bunny can go back in.

Now the only thing I'm worried about is that the spray may stick to the wood and set, and I don't want the bunny chewing it if its harmful.

217051011_0_640x640.jpg

I personally wouldn't use it. I don't know whether it would be dangerous if it settled on the wood or not, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

I tend to leave resident spiders and their webs in my kennels and playhouse. Spiders are very good for keeping the nasty flies and bugs at bay.

In summer I use citronella oil to try and keep the flies away. Few drops on a cloth, hung at the door/window and out of reach from the bunnies, is a good fly repellent.

I would think that the fly/wasp killer pictured is to be sprayed directly onto the insect concerned to kill it, rather than it be a deterrent. It's "fast acting" slogan means you spray the insect and it dies quite quickly; it's not a deterrent so you shouldn't really be spraying it around as just a general thing as once it's soaked into the wood it will not be effective. You would be better off using an actual deterrent, like the post above me suggests.

I leave spiders lurking in the shed. If I see any woodlice I sweep them up and fling them onto the grass but don't kill them. I've put ant powder down in the past though but couldn't now as the bunnies have free range of the shed 24/7.

Bugs dont bother me, its the spiders!
I wish there was a spider deterrent, I know they're good for keeping rid of flys but I have such a massive phobia grr!
I stuggle getting in the shed and standing up incase a spider even touches me!
I try and stay low to the floor, but I do wish I could get rid of them without harming bunny!

I wouldn't use that fly spray, ill holler the above and say it kills it doesnt deter unfortunately
When I was younger, my grandad used to hate having bugs in his green house and he didnt want to spray and harm the plants, so he hung up these things - they were like them car air fresheners but each side of them was sticky so that bugs stuck to it, they were somehow attracted to it - I cant remeber what they're called, they're not ideal for the fly or bugs really but they're good to get rid of them x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back