• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting in the house with house rabbits

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
We desperately need to do some decorating. How far away from a painted room does a bunny need to be? Even though the living room needs doing, I will have to just leave this until the day Lola is outside, if that ever happens! There is nowhere else to put her.

If she is approx 6/7 metres from the hall, would it suffice to keep the living room door closed? We need to do mould treatment aswell really, which absolutely stinks of bleach, would that be ok with her so nearby? I am thinking no to both :?

And how about upstairs?? That needs doing most, with mould treatment, sanding, cracks in plaster filling, anti mould painting and then painting again with regular paint. I can keep the windows open up there at least.

I am so fed up with the state of the house it is making me miserable. I was almost perfect 6 years ago :(

When I painted my hall I just left Herbie & Hollie in their room which is off the hall.

I have painted my house a few times with bunnies in a nearby room with the door closed over and all has been fine. I haven't used any mould treatments or the likes though. Does it say on the tin if it is safe for use near animals, or even can you phone the company and ask?

That is good to hear you have painted with no problems, thank you Kermit :)

It doesn't say on the mould cleaner that it is safe, neither does it say to keep it away from pets (keep away from children though) but I got it from my work so could easily give them a call to look into it. I am wondering whether to just try and sand it off the walls downstairs instead, just to be on the safe side! The bedrooms upstairs I can just keep the doors shut and windows open all day and night to get rid of it. That should be ok.

Back