• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny - Advice?

As a few of you may have seen on the introduction section on the forum, I have baby bun, which is my first rabbit so far.

After its first night in the bunny shed, I checked up on it in the morning and WOW, lets just say the shed was covered in poop! :shock::lol:.

I mean, loads of them everywhere. When I let the bunny out in the garden, it seems to "poo" around every 5mins or so. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if it seems to be going too much?

I have just got a litter tray, so I'm hoping things should clean up a little, but I'm still concerned about it going toilet a lot.

Pooing is completely normal, it's when they stop pooing, that is when you should be concerned. What colour are the poos? Are the round and golden or little and black. It is also normal for you to see your bun eating them too. ;)

Hi and welcome to the forum! I just saw your first post and your new baby bunny is very very cute! I do hope you will post lots more pictures as they grow bigger. I have two cross bred lion heads and love seeing pictures of other lion head bunnies.

Bunnies make so much poop it's untrue. They can also take a little bit longer to toilet train when they are babies so please bear with them while they learn.

As gross as this is to ask, is it hard pellety poop or soft squiggly smelly poop? Soft smelly squiggly poop is the poop they eat (that I can't spell) and if there is some on show, she could be having too much pellets. More hay usually quickly sorts that out and less pellets :) if it's watery, this can mean she needs to see a vet.

The hard poops are the normal ones. They go everywhere. With litter trays, if you find the corner bunnies poop in the most and place it there, it can sometimes help.

Also can't wait to find out what you call bunny!

Lots of poo is good :thumb: as long as it is the hard droppings and not lots of soft squidgy ones!

Rabbits are grazers, they eat throughout the day as their digestive system must always be on the go, so they poo a lot too.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the replies :D.

The poops are hard, the very odd one is soft. Why we are on the subject of a litter tray, whats the cheapest option to put in there, e.g paper etc.

I think we are going to go for Nibbles as the name, but bare with us just one more day to confirm, we usually try and pick up its character first :D:D.

Thanks for the replies :D.

The poops are hard, the very odd one is soft. Why we are on the subject of a litter tray, whats the cheapest option to put in there, e.g paper etc.

I think we are going to go for Nibbles as the name, but bare with us just one more day to confirm, we usually try and pick up its character first :D:D.

For litter trays I use newspaper with kitchen roll on top, and then filled with hay. My two baby buns are almost full litter train, still get some poop everywhere but that's easy to clean up. :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

We don't get newspapers often, its usually very rare as we complained once after getting too much junk through the door, now we get nothing :lol::lol::lol:.

If I nip into a cheap shop, and just get some really cheap paper books, that should do you think?

I buy the "i" newspaper for 30p lol I once bought 10 copies, the cashier thought I was crazy, he alerted me to the fact that they were the same paper, my response "yeah, it's just for my rabbits to wee on" :lol:
Not sure about books, some bunnies nibble/eat paper and some ink can.be toxic, that's why I put kitchen roll on top, I buy huge packs in the pound shop :lol:

You could always ask a neighbour if they have newspapers, or go to the local paper bank and take a few :lol:

Maybe you could try your local shop? I go to our local shop and get the previous days newspapers before they throw them out. I get a huge stack of them and it doesn't cost a penny! Might be worth a shot.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

What about cardboard or tissue roll?

I'm trying to find something that I'll always have easy access too! ;).

You'll go through so much having to change it daily. Speak to your local newsagents, you may be able to have old papers off them. All my neighbours have started leaving newspaper by my door :lol:

Back