• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does my rabbit....

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
This evening on of my bunnies had a Friday night treat (his favourite carrotty) and then ran under the bed to his sleeping area chewing with his ears back and half closing his eyes.

Do you think he is very tired or am I being paranoid that his teeth could be hurting him?

He isn't a dental bunny but Betty is and I worry about him being in pain. He does take long drinks sometimes but his teeth were fine last time they were checked. He is nearly 18 months and a lion head. Betty was about 18 months when she started to have problems so I do worry.

What do you think?

They are due some vaccinations boosters soon so will give the vets a call to book. His teeth were only checked a month ago so I do worry if it is dental related. :(

Sounds to me like 'happy bunny' behaviour, probably content that he's just had a treat! However it's difficult to know without seeing his behaviour, I'd say if you as his owner have concerns then you should trust your instincts. Can't hurt to get him checked.

He does love his treats :roll:

I think I will ask for the vets to check one eve next week. He is currently eating hay as normal again but checking can't hurt.

Thank you both for responding :D

This evening on of my bunnies had a Friday night treat (his favourite carrotty) and then ran under the bed to his sleeping area chewing with his ears back and half closing his eyes.

Had he finished the treat or was he still eating it? Maddie does the look you are describing when she is eating cecals! Still grosses me out a bit! :oops: If it's not something he normally does though it wouldn't hurt to get him checked out.

Back