• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUE SPACES NEEDED URGENTLY! 30 rabbits from breeder - Herts/Cambs area

catxx

Mama Doe
Caroline at Rabbit Residence spent 6 hours with a breeder last night who is seriously ill and going into hospital on Wednesday. These rabbits need out by Tuesday, if rescues don't take them she'll give them away to the first person she sees, including other breeders.

All have health problems, overgrown claws, dental problems, obese, many have snuffles and need quarantining. Many are also BRC ringed. They were being kept in sheds in 2-4ft hutches being fed a month's worth of pellets a day and little or no hay. The mostly appear to be Netherland Dwarves or Mini Lop types.

ANYONE WITH ANY SPACE? RRR has already taken 9 from her previously and took another 3 last night, all sneezing their little heads off. But RRR is already over capacity with 150-200 rabbits.

HELP! Spread the word!

Cat, I'm not a rescue and I know the one where the girls came from is full, but I may be able to foster a couple short term as long as they don't have anything I could accidentially pass on to the girls. I realise this probably isn't much help so if there's anything else I could do please let me know.

Cat, I'm not a rescue and I know the one where the girls came from is full, but I may be able to foster a couple short term as long as they don't have anything I could accidentially pass on to the girls. I realise this probably isn't much help so if there's anything else I could do please let me know.

Thank you for your offer! If you email rabbit_residence@hotmail.com, we may be fostering out healthy buns to make room for some of these guys for a while. We wouldn't foster out poorly ones. I had two healthy ones for a week when we had 12 in the other month.

Phone the Blue Cross in Burford and see if they could help out. They have helped me in the past with large rescues. They dont have huge nos in and often help out the RSPCA when their rehoming is going well.

Dont speak to the desk, but to the rabbit department. It was Katie, who helped me.

Phone the Blue Cross in Burford and see if they could help out. They have helped me in the past with large rescues. They dont have huge nos in and often help out the RSPCA when their rehoming is going well.

Dont speak to the desk, but to the rabbit department. It was Katie, who helped me.

Will pass on to Caroline/Amy as they are co-ordinating everything.

Alice who runs Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire has very recently been involved in a big rescue in Neath. I very, very much doubt if she has any space, however if she can't help she may know someone who can.

Fingers crossed for these little darlings.

Alice who runs Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire has very recently been involved in a big rescue in Neath. I very, very much doubt if she has any space, however if she can't help she may know someone who can.

Fingers crossed for these little darlings.

This is the third (I think) group rescue RRR has taken on so far this year, and we're only up to May! We had 9 off this lady already, and a group of 12 from someone else, just ARRRGH!!

How tragic :( are the hutches coming out with the bunnies, so the breeder can't simply refill the and start again when she's better?

Hope these little ones can get sorted, I would offer to help but I can't guarantee their safety in my garden.

If you want to contact rescues in somerset/Devon etc I can help with transport :wave:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Back