• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to see a bunny...

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
I'm going to look at a ten week old blue giant Conti doe this morning, the owner is re- homing her because the owner is pregnant :(

I'm going to look at a ten week old blue giant Conti doe this morning, the owner is re- homing her because the owner is pregnant :(

Shame, do people not know to take stuff like that into account? :( *sigh* Anyway she would probably be better off if you had her. :)

Shame, do people not know to take stuff like that into account? :( *sigh* Anyway she would probably be better off if you had her. :)

Agree wholeheartedly. It always winds me up seeing pets for sale because of pregnancy/new baby. I accept there can be genuine unforeseen circumstances, but these appear far too often for it to be the case all the time :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so rabbit is nine weeks old and owner has had her and her brother for a week !!!!
I couldn't take the brother as well :(but brought the girl home.......but is it just me or should a nine week old brother and sister NOT have been housed together !!!

The owner is only six weeks pregnant and doesn't want to be carrying a Conti about when pregnant she said :shock:

Ok so rabbit is nine weeks old and owner has had her and her brother for a week !!!!
I couldn't take the brother as well :(but brought the girl home.......but is it just me or should a nine week old brother and sister NOT have been housed together !!!

The owner is only six weeks pregnant and doesn't want to be carrying a Conti about when pregnant she said :shock:

I'm no expert, but I don't think so. There could be a possibility she may be pregnant already (the Conti).

Is it me, or if she didn't want to be carrying a Conti whilst pregnant, she shouldn't have gotten them? I realise 6 weeks is very early, so she may not have known, but I'm guessing you must have suspicions by then. I she suspected, why get the Contis?

What's happening to the brother?

The Doe may be older than 9 weeks, the previous owner may be telling porkies

The Doe may be pregnant and the previous owner may know this, or know there is a chance of it, hence wanting rid pronto

I would advise you to get the Doe to a Vet ASAP to confirm age, gender (if you cant,would not take previous owner's word for it) and if a Doe could she be pregnant

If all OK I'd get her vaccinated

Assuming your other Conti is an entire Buck and the new one an entire Doe then you will need to keep them well away from each other unless you intend to breed.

Contis take longer to develop to maturity, so if they are 9 weeks then she should be OK. As previously stated, I wouldn't take the woman's word for it though.

My Bentley was with his sister Rosie at 9 weeks when they came into rescue, they are still babies even though their external size might suggest otherwise.

The Doe may be older than 9 weeks, the previous owner may be telling porkies

The Doe may be pregnant and the previous owner may know this, or know there is a chance of it, hence wanting rid pronto

I would advise you to get the Doe to a Vet ASAP to confirm age, gender (if you cant,would not take previous owner's word for it) and if a Doe could she be pregnant

If all OK I'd get her vaccinated

Assuming your other Conti is an entire Buck and the new one an entire Doe then you will need to keep them well away from each other unless you intend to breed.

Hi yes my Conti was entire until today , he was neutered this morning but I know to keep them apart for seven weeks post op :thumb:
She isn't very big so don't think she is older than nine weeks but I agree about getting her checked x

I'm no expert, but I don't think so. There could be a possibility she may be pregnant already (the Conti).

Is it me, or if she didn't want to be carrying a Conti whilst pregnant, she shouldn't have gotten them? I realise 6 weeks is very early, so she may not have known, but I'm guessing you must have suspicions by then. I she suspected, why get the Contis?

What's happening to the brother?

I know my thoughts exactly x
She has advertised the brother for sale :(
I just couldn't take him as I have a male Conti already .

I know my thoughts exactly x
She has advertised the brother for sale :(
I just couldn't take him as I have a male Conti already .

Where is she? I've always fancied a Conti since joining here. Could certainly do with one to keep Slipper in line!

Back