• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tentatively saying hello

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

I used to visit this forum daily and post regularly but I haven't done so for the past 2 years. The last 2 years have been very difficult for me. I had a major relapse of my severe psychotic depression and was an inpatient in a mental health facility for 2 months. After I came out I was still finding life a struggle and so I was forced to make an extremely difficult decision and rehome 4 of my 5 buns. Leo and Lila went back to ARC and the wonderful Duchess took in Peter and Posy. I kept Molly, my beautiful single house bun.

I still miss my buns but I am hopeful that they have been found lovely new homes, better than I was capable of giving them at the time.

Now 2 years on I am doing so much better. Molly is my rock, I love her like I never knew you could love a rabbit. She has her own room, 11ft square, with no cage. My children and I spend a lot of time with her and she loves to play, although these days she needs plenty of snoozing time too as she is an old lady now.

Molly and I just wanted to say hi and hope we would be welcomed back.

:wave: hi, and welcome back :D I'm so glad you are doing better now :thumb: we need pics of the lovely Molly :thumb:

Just tried to take a decent pic but she was sleeping and not at all in the mood for looking her best! I will try again later.

Hi Bea!

I too live with serious mental illness and I deeply understand how it effects every area of life and our families, the furry members as well.

Big hugs, glad you are reaching out for community! Glad you are able to have Molly, my buns are a huge support to me.

Thank you so much for all your kind welcome backs. I wasn't sure I would be welcomed after having had to give up my precious buns.

I have put some photos in the stories and photos bit. Pop along over and look.

Hello and welcome back :wave:

It must have been so incredibly difficult for you to give up your buns, I'm sure no one would criticize you for doing what was best for them.

Hope to see you more around the forum x

Hi Rebecca :wave:

Lovely to see you back.

Peter and Posy soon went off to another home as they are such adorable bunnies and so well handled. They live indoors and have a free range and quite naughty lifestyle.

They are coming back for their holidays soon so I'll share some photos.

I'm glad to see you still have your wonderful friend in Molly. You have both been through so much. She landed on her feet with you. When you think how she was living back then but now she is in bunny heaven - that's clear.

Helen

Back