• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a female with two males?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I already have my two rabbits Milo and Finn. They are mini lop boys. I got them from a breeder and although it was lovely having babies I always wished I had gone to a rescue. :roll:

I'm thinking of when Milo and Finn get neutered and are old enough of adopting a female spayed rabbit to introduce to them?

Does anyone have any experience with this or advice on how to go about it?

I live in Hartlepool so I would need a rescue in the North East?

I think you have a higher chance of bonding 2 boys with a female than if it were 2 females with a boy but you just can't foretell as it's all down to their personalities at the end of the day.

I bonded my two pet shop bucks with two rescue does in October 2013. It all went well (a tad stressful at times but they are still together).

I bonded my female with 2 males and it worked really well. They bonded within a days. They all live happily in the shed now.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

My current trio are two boys and a girl, and so was my previous trio, so it can work. There's a risk of the original pair falling out when you introduce a new bun, and there's a risk that two of the buns will become close and one will be left out. I think the bonding process can be trickier and take longer than with a pair.

Back