• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets together after fight - only one carrier. Advice needed ASAP

Emma H

Warren Scout
Hi

My two house French Lops have been bonded since September of last year, in October they had a big fight so I went back to basics and re-bonded. They have been great together.....until this morning.

I was awoken by a huge commotion and they were mid-fight. I intervened. The bottom of Belle's ear is hanging off :( I have attempted to give it a clean with warm water but she doesn't like being handled so its hard. She is eating and so is Bailey (I have separated them for now).

I only have one very large carrier on wheels-do you think I can put them both in there? Or do I leave Bailey at home?

Any advice on whether I should even attempt to re-bond after two fights would be appreciated?

There isn't really a top bun between the two. No mounting during their bonding sessions. But there has been a bit of 'spring fever' from Belle these past few weeks.

Thanks

Emma
xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Bailey is not hurt I would leave him at home.

I have heard that once blood is shed there isn't much hope for reconciliation but I don't have any experience with fighting bunnies, hopefully someone else will be along soon with further advice.

I hope Belle recovers soon

No I don't think he is hurt. I have put him in their outside run for now, but obviously can't keep him in there any longer than the day and have nowhere else to keep them separate at the moment. When Belle came, she went in the downstairs bathroom but that is currently under construction . I can't stop crying :( They have been so loving towards each other-always grooming and flopping together. But these past few weeks Belle has been trying to mount a bit.

I have my dissertation to write so don't have the time to go upstairs with them and attempt to re-bond. If I should attempt to re-bond does anyone know of a service in the Shropshire area?

xxx

Last edited:
Spring fever has a lot to answer for. I went into the shed this morning to find large clumps of my boys fur all over the floor so I think this pair have had a scuffle. No bun seems to be hurt.
And my other pair who didn't mount, nip or chase during bonding last summer, my boy has been humping lately and my girl is getting territorial at feeding times and chasing my boy off!
I think there is something in the air.
I'm sorry your pair have had quite a serious fight, I do hope Belle is ok.
I hope you find a bonding service to help you rebond. Silly bunnies!!!

Sounds like a bad injury, I wouldn't rebond after such an injury, sounds like they may not be compatible x hope the ear heals well x

Thanks for your replies

I have booked them in with Chloe at Fat Fluffs for next Monday to be re-bonded and they will come home on the Friday.

I couldn't bear to re-home Belle and don't have the space to keep them separate - she has come on leaps and bounds since coming to live with us and I love her so much. It would break my heart to have to re-home her. I'm actually sobbing as I type at the thought of it :(

Has anyone had a pair of buns who have had a bad fight and they are now re-bonded? B&B have been very happy together for 6 months prior.xxxx

Back