• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasp nest in my Summer House

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
I was trying to finish painting the window frames but it started to rain so I sheltered inside followed by a small Honey Bee :lol: she sat on the wall and we watched the shower pass and she left :D

As I stood inside mumbling as I put the paint away I looked down and noticed a small patch of what looks like saw dust on the floor could see nothing that had chewed down there then I looked up and saw this :shock: bunnies have not moved in yet :thumb:

0cd73cec14b710206f3f26d2526aa897_zps467eb7ac.jpg

29585dbc669b62bb19ac9ef51579a10d_zpse747e991.jpg

It's the size of a PingPong ball :shock:

Made a call to a wasp man and he said if I spray with killer shut the door and leave it a day then go out and check it and knock it down it should be ok it if i don't fancy it he can do it for £35 in couple of days

I'd wait for him, knowing my luck I'd knock the nest down, they'd still be alive, and I'd get hundreds of stings :lol:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Oh gosh! I'd wait for the man. For the sake of £35, it's not worth the bother if you get it wrong! Can you imagine all the angry wasps? No thanks! Stay away!

Yikes!

I had wasps in the cavity walls once. I got the council man to come out and it was quickly sorted.

I had a wasp literally start to build one above my head in the shed the other day! I couldn't believe it. I don't think my dad could either when I showed him. Luckily it was still so minute he could just kill the wasp and wipe the 'nest' away. A wasp nest in my shed would be my worst nightmare!

Whats wrong with wasp nests?

Well it's not the nest it's he wasps they would be fine now but come end spring /autumn when they get nasty and sting just because they can :shock:

And I wouldn't like to move the bunnies in with a swarm of wasps living there too :?

Back