• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I swear the boy does this for attention!!!

Ailstar

Mama Doe
So Levi has been 'off' all day. Not eating and just a bit quiet, though not really hunched up, he was moving around. I've had my parents watching him all day and almost took him to the vet until I remembered the spare metoclop I had from the last time he did this. So I got home and cue 5 minutes of trying to work out how to get the syringe in his mouth before I realised he would lick the stuff straight out of the syringe (good boy!!) and then as a last ditch attempt at getting him to eat I tried him with some dried pineapple (he'd already refused dried banana) and oh guess what...yes he deigned to eat that! The little monkey!! He's now hopping round my bed as if to say..I don't give a toss that I've had you worried all day, I've got exactly what I want, treats and lots of fuss!!! Oh I do love the little fluffball! :)

Glad he is feeling better. It is such a worry when they are out of sorts.

I know! He's done this three times. The first I was away so my parents kept an eye on him and by late afternoon he'd picked up and was eating. The second I was home alone so totally panicked and rushed him to the vet. By the time id got him on the table he was starting to brighten up and I felt a bit foolish for panicking. So this time I decided to be a bit calmer, and at least the vet visit last time meant I had the spare metoclop. :)

I also don't think anyone who doesn't have bunnies/know a lot about bunnies understands for a second why I'm so worried when all I can say is 'he's just not right and he's not eaten' they think I'm crazy! Haha!

If this is recurring, I'd personally want him checked out (maybe not right now as not an emergency if he is okay now) and I'd think about what he's been eating and if there is any connection between the times. It could be that he had gas, or that something he ate didn't agree with him, or that his gut slowed down for some reason. Rabbits don't really play up with food just for attention. Quite a few people used to think Barney did, but after a couple of years he was finally diagnosed with gut problems.

I'm glad he's feeling better and that the metaclop saved the day.

If this is recurring, I'd personally want him checked out (maybe not right now as not an emergency if he is okay now) and I'd think about what he's been eating and if there is any connection between the times. It could be that he had gas, or that something he ate didn't agree with him, or that his gut slowed down for some reason. Rabbits don't really play up with food just for attention. Quite a few people used to think Barney did, but after a couple of years he was finally diagnosed with chronic gut problems.

I'm glad he's feeling better and that the metaclop saved the day.

I know that :) I was only really being lighthearted. :) honestly I can't think of a single food as being a trigger food. In fact yesterday he actually had a very 'plain' day, he didn't get any veggies or dandelions. So really just had pellets and hay, certainly he had nothing new. And veggies wise they always get very few because more than that has always brought on 'messy bum syndrome' with Levi. I really did almost take him to the vets this afternoon and I would certainly have done if I hadn't had the metaclop to give and if he hadn't perked up. They are both due their vaccs in June so will be getting a check over then and I'll definitely mention it to the vet :)

Back