• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know if....

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
You have a group of bunnies and one dies, if the others are upset or don't care? My boys were a bonded quad and now Badger has passed, I don't know if the others are missing him or not. They're eating and drinking fine, which is good obviously, but, I don't know, they don't seem as active as normal and Slipper is following me around like a lost soul (although he could be hoping for food! :roll:), Blackavar won't come near me and Blueberry is just Blueberry. I've never lost part of a bonded pair/group before, I've only had singles until now, so I don't know.

Tbh, I'm not sure if I want them to be sad or not. Obviously I don't want them to be ill or grief stricken or anything like that, but, it seems a bit heartless to me if they've already moved on and forgotten him. I hope I've explained myself properly there so you know what I mean :oops::oops::oops:

I'm sure they are sad, but as a general rule I find groups deal much better with loss as they have each other for support and are not left lonely by themselves. They are normally a little quieter but do not appear as anxious as a single left behind from a pair.

Rabbits all react in their own individual way. Some may be obviously distressed after a bereavement. Others move on almost immediately. Both are upsetting to observe. In a group setting the loss of one Rabbit may alter the dynamics of the bond. They may vie for the 'top Rabbit' position. So some unsettled behaviour is to be expected.

They probably do realise one is missing but won't necessarily be in mourning. You may also be looking for signs given that you are understandably sad and perhaps seeing things that are normal but since you are feeling sad you think that they may be sad too. If that makes sense.

They probably do realise one is missing but won't necessarily be in mourning. You may also be looking for signs given that you are understandably sad and perhaps seeing things that are normal but since you are feeling sad you think that they may be sad too. If that makes sense.

Yes it does. I went back in this afternoon and all three came hopping over and climbing in the wardrobe as usual. It's still weird not having a bunny trying to escape through the door when I go in though, I can just open it and walk in and close it no problem. It's weird & I don't like it :cry: I want my boy back :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back