• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone help in what breed my new rabbit is?

vickileigh63

New Kit
Hi all. I am new on here.

After a lot of begging and persuading by my son we have picked up our new rabbit this morning and she is settling into her new surroundings.

Could anyone help and tell me what kind of rabbit she is because the lady described her as 'a normal everyday rabbit'!!

she has been given the name Abby and I have to admit she is very very cute.

I don't know how to attach a picture but there is one of her on my profile.

Thanx in advance

I can only see the very small photo but i you want to post a photo on here you can upload it to somewhere like tinypic and they'll give you a code that will look something like thelinktoyourphoto[/ img]. If you copy and paste that in to your post we should see the full photo :wave:

From the sounds of it I'd guess your bun is a crossbreed :wave:

ormmbb.jpg
[/IMG]

Here she is

ormmbb.jpg

She looks like an english spot cross to me, but I'm no expert on breeds. Very cute though, are you thinking of getting her a friend?

You can quote me to see how your code should be, you had it nearly right!

She's just a mixed breed rabbit. Unless they are from a well-established breeder who is specifically breeding pure-bred bunnies, 99 times out of 100 they are a mix of breeds. You sometimes see the main traits of some breeds come through that can give you an idea of what is in the mix or what one of the main breeds are (e.g. a lionhead mane or lop ears or dutch markings) but a lot of rabbits are mixed over hundreds of generations and you couldn't even begin to tell.

For her vaccination card or her insurance forms, you'd choose 'domestic rabbit' or 'cross-breed'.

That looks like lovely hay, can I ask where you got it? Make sure she eats plenty, as it very important for her health and her teeth.

She is a very pretty little rabbit :)

Back