• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Supervised play large space?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Im inside studying some german with binky (shes not much help :lol: ) and shes really happy hopping about, in a large space 12ft x 10ft and I cant help think of bella outdoors by herself!

I am getting them spayed but if you saw my previous thread you woukd understand why they arent right now and that its NOT my choice so please dont have a go!

Binkys in a really good mood and everday theyre apart I can see bella getting more and more nervous and the chances of her ever bonding with another rabbit again going down and down.
What if I was to put them in the room and see what would happen if they just hopped into eachother or something like that?
Ill be here every step of the way and they can hop out the room into the hall and stuff.
I was also going to put some neutral toys out to distract them from eachother just so they remeber eachother cause I read about Once sisters fight they need to be spayed together or atleast play together so they remeber eachother and it makes bonding easier again?

Im no expert I just want to know about this
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Firstly, is it possible for you to get Bella some run space outside? Or perhaps allow her time to run about inside in another area of the house?

Secondly, don't worry about the chances of Bella bonding going down. People on here have bonded rabbits who have been alone for years and years with no trouble at all. In fact, if she's seeming nervous she may be more likely to bond as another rabbit will be reassuring to her.

I personally wouldn't advise putting them together unspayed, I think the chances they would fight are high. Especially if the space already "belongs" to Binky. Bonding is usually done in a small space to help stop the rabbits chasing and fighting so putting them in a large space doesn't seem like a good idea.

What you could do, if you want them to remember each other, is set up a divider (one that would stop them biting or scratching each other) and let each play on one side of it. Opinion on whether this helps, does nothing, or makes the situation worse is divided so you'd need to see how it went with yours and make your own mind up.

Firstly, is it possible for you to get Bella some run space outside? Or perhaps allow her time to run about inside in another area of the house?

Secondly, don't worry about the chances of Bella bonding going down. People on here have bonded rabbits who have been alone for years and years with no trouble at all. In fact, if she's seeming nervous she may be more likely to bond as another rabbit will be reassuring to her.

I personally wouldn't advise putting them together unspayed, I think the chances they would fight are high. Especially if the space already "belongs" to Binky. Bonding is usually done in a small space to help stop the rabbits chasing and fighting so putting them in a large space doesn't seem like a good idea.

What you could do, if you want them to remember each other, is set up a divider (one that would stop them biting or scratching each other) and let each play on one side of it. Opinion on whether this helps, does nothing, or makes the situation worse is divided so you'd need to see how it went with yours and make your own mind up.

Thankyou:)
I dont want to bond, I just want them to have a while together every day so its easier to bond them, as bonding will be hard anyway - ive never bonded rabbits before, I used to have a single rabbit for years before I joined RU
I was going to give them a large space so that they wont bumb into eachother but they will still be present, but clearly it wont make a diffrence :lol:
Grrr I want them back together, its really annoying me!

&they do have a run, but bella prefurs to be Indoors, she just sits in the run and looks grumpy :lol:
She does go in it, but she'd rather run around in the conservatory and get loads of nose rubs :lol:

Ive put bella in the run and backed it up next to binkys hutch and theres a water bottle and two mesh doors between them
They've been there about an hour
We've had about 15 binkys from bella! One was the highest id ever seen!
And at first I thought binky was thumping about her but she wasn't, she was trying to binky in her hutch :lol:
Although she did thump once when bella went to the otherside of the run and she wanted her back :lol:
They sniffed eachother for about an hour now they're sitting together through the double mesh and gap bless them!
They were standing up at the mesh bless them, it honestly melts my heart seeing them next to each other again :love:

Its such a shame, its going to take me 39 weeks to save up to get them spayed as I was only putting in afew pounds a week but now im putting in £5 a week and I worked it into my finances, I should have £200 in 39 weeks and ill ask for money for my birthday and put that towards spays too!

Sounds like they had fun :thumb: could you check if you could get help with spaying from the rspca/pdsa ?

Sounds like they had fun :thumb: could you check if you could get help with spaying from the rspca/pdsa ?

I have checked - im not aloud because im not on benefits and thats were priority goes!
They did have fun, bella was actually in a really good mood earlier which really surprised me, shes changed so much! :love:

Back