• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please re Baby Rabbit

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
6 weeks ago someone local was advertising Mum, Dad and 3 x 3 week old rabbits. I decided in the end to go as no-one else had taken them on. On arrival they said they were keeping Dad and one of the babies was reserved. I told them they were too young to leave Mum and they said they didn't realise that so I brought Mum and babies home. The person I got them off now wants to know if the reserved baby is ready to leave so I pointed out that Mum is still feeding them and they also want to know will I take Dad as he is very difficult to look after with 3 children.

Anyway, I am reluctant to just let a baby go, we haven't sexed him/her yet and I don't know where he will be going. The home these came from wasn't into hay so I doubt her friend is much wiser. Should I insist on a home check or say I don't want to part with the baby as she (?) can stay with Mum. I think there is 2 girls and a boy but not sure. My instincts say not to let her go but have they a right to her as they reserved her?

I dont think they have a right to her as you now "own" then as opposed the person they reserved her with.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Point out that a home check would be required before the baby could be separated from its mother.

That may put them off unless they are really serious about have a rabbit.

Hope it goes well whatever you decide x

Not sure what your rights are. Perhaps you could print off some info. from RAWF?

It would be good to do a home check too. Good luck and well done for taking on this little family.

Back