• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrible news on Hartlepool Facebook page

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Just read this on the Hartlepool facebook incident page. Its absolutely disgusting and horrible. :( In my home town too!

''Stolen Rabbit Found Dead after Burglary, Hartlepool

Police are appealing for information after a pet rabbit was stolen during a burglary and was later found hanging from a tree.

The burglary took place at Manor Residents Association on Kilmarnock Road in Hartlepool overnight on Monday 28th April into Tuesday 29th April.

A shed was broken into and a rabbit was stolen. A red children’s tricycle was also taken.

The rabbit was later found hanging from a tree on the Owton Manor Estate, having suffered numerous injuries.

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Anthony Wallace on the non-emergency 101 number or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.''

It does make me feel relieved that my rabbits are indoors. I have no idea if anyone lives near Hartlepool but it is at least a warning to keep your pets safe! I was considering getting a shed for mine too but things like this make me not want to keep them in the garden. Disgusting human beings live on this planet...

This is so horrible, it's my worst fear for my bunnies, I want a sign that says please take what you want but do not touch my pets.

Hope they find the scum who did it!!

This sickens me so much.

A horrible thing happened to a wee dog in Scotland at the weekend too and it made me feel physically ill.

I worry that if my house ever got burgled that they would do something to my Herbie & Hollie. I wouldn't care what they took but I would be distraught if anything happened to the bunnies.

Oh my goodness that is such a horrible thing to have happened. That poor poor bunny. Why would someone do that! Hartlepool is not too far from me.
My buns are outdoors in a summerhouse and I do worry someone may break in and just leave the doors open and the bunnies will all get lost, or worse.

Its horrible to think that some in the world thinks this is OK...

I really hope they find out who did this. I have friends who have their bunnies in sheds in Hartlepool and I have warned them to ensure their locks are secure and their bunnies are safe. One of my friends has even decided to try moving the bunny indoors permanently. :(

Back