• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I passed my home check!! - U/D: She can't come home :(

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Me and Barney are picking up his new friend on Friday :thumb:

This is Blossom:

:love: She's so small and fluffy :love:

Really hope everything works out!

Last edited:
The RSPCA staff have checked and it looks like Blossom's got ringworm (I didn't even know rabbits could get ringworm :shock:)

It will take about 10 days to have it confirmed and then she'll have to be treated at the centre if it's positive, so looks like she'll be in isolation for a while. I know it's best not to risk passing anything to my bunnies but I'm so sad for Blossom :( I wanted her home with us tomorrow!

The RSPCA staff have checked and it looks like Blossom's got ringworm (I didn't even know rabbits could get ringworm :shock:)

It will take about 10 days to have it confirmed and then she'll have to be treated at the centre if it's positive, so looks like she'll be in isolation for a while. I know it's best not to risk passing anything to my bunnies but I'm so sad for Blossom :( I wanted her home with us tomorrow!

How disappointing, bet it feels as though it's never going to happen.

I'm sure she will be home with you before long. :) The problem with ringworm is that it's a zoonotic disease, meaning it can be spread to people as well as other animals, so it's best that she is kept there and treated so there's no risk to you or your animals. It's not serious so she should be perfectly ok. :)

My cats had ringworm when they were kittens and then passed it on to me. I could see it but it had no ill effects at all and was easily treated so try not to worry about it :)
You'll be able to get even more excited to have her home :) I hope they get it all sorted quickly for you.

Glad people's general experience is that it's not that serious :) It's just a shame that she's been waiting for a home for over a year, then she gets one and it's then delayed! I might go up and take some new toys for her while she's staying on her own, as I think they've separated her off from the main area and there's no run. Don't think I'll be able to touch her or anything though in case it spreads :(

Glad people's general experience is that it's not that serious :) It's just a shame that she's been waiting for a home for over a year, then she gets one and it's then delayed! I might go up and take some new toys for her while she's staying on her own, as I think they've separated her off from the main area and there's no run. Don't think I'll be able to touch her or anything though in case it spreads :(

Yes you could pick it up from her and get it yourself, which you don't really want :)
She'll be all the more welcome when she does finally arrive, in tip top health xx

Back