• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hemp pellets as litter? anyone tried them? what do you use?

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
Trying to find a cist effective litter tray filler, I don't like megazorb because it smells like poo! Yuk

I have always used newspaper and hay. It's been very cost effective given that at times I've been fostering up to 30 rabbits :)

I think my girls would dig up the paper :( they would have fun in the process lol x

Wouldn't they have more fun digging up little pellets and flinging them all over the place :lol:

I solved the 'going everywhere' problem by using high sided litter trays with a smallish opening to get in :D

I think the smelly Megazorb problem is isolated - I've never had a batch which smelt nasty, mine just always smells normal but I know others have had problems with stinky megaxorb batches

Yeh we had some awful smelling megazorb x found some hemp pellets which I may try, I do put hay on top too. I use high sided litter trays which do help alot x

I use some of that at the moment but find when they dive into the litter tray it moves alot... they are giants though c

I use Auboise hemp horse bedding for rabbits and hampsters as a big bail of it is around £10 and lasts for quite some time. no problems found with it so far. I compost it when it has been used and it rot down well and very quickly.

Dave

Back