• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring Fever? Urghhh.

LeahsRabbits

Warren Scout
Hi everyone! Long time no speak :)

So my 2 neutered males, Blossom and Leo have been bonded since September (2013), in that time they've been so loved up, we didn't even have any problems with them through bonding either! I've gone into the shed 2 or so times previously to find fur on the floor, but nothing major and it hasn't happened for months now.

This is obviously their first Spring together, and I think it's unsettled them! They were out free ranging today (which they've done countless times with no issues) and after 2 hours or so, Blossom started humping Leo's head. I was shocked as this is completely out of character for him, I got him off and went to sit down and Leo thought 'I'm not tolerating that!' , and went and chased him. Luckily I had a brush in my hand anyway as I was just about to take it to the shed - but they started to fight which lead to me unfortunately having to scruff Leo to seperate them.

I kept Leo on my lap and Blossom on the floor for 5 minutes so they would calm down, then I put them back into the shed with the catflap locked, and within minutes this happened followed by some grooming!

4i05ys.jpg

Anyone elses bunnies unsettled this Spring? Thankfully they're back to normal now, but it's all new for me as I've never experienced Spring with a pair of bunnies! I am sure they will be the death of me :p

Fergie's got spring fever with his cuddly doughnut toy (he's recently been neutered and is still a bit hormonal/spring fevery), it's very strange - he needs a girlfriend (or boyfriend)! :lol:

Fergie's got spring fever with his cuddly doughnut toy (he's recently been neutered and is still a bit hormonal/spring fevery), it's very strange - he needs a girlfriend (or boyfriend)! :lol:

Oh dear, haha! I have noticed small changes in both of their individual behaviours too, I hope it passes soon!

I've often found removing them for abit then putting back together makes them worse :oops: so let them get on with it, as long as its not getting to stage of biting or hurting one another

Cupcake and Pud are always really calm and chilled with eachother, they're never affected by the changing of the seasons and they're so loved up, but Wotsit is full of spring fever :lol:

Have they got more space than usual (it doesn't even have to be a lot of space, a few inches sets my Tia off!!) The humping could be them claiming the space (which is what happens in our house).

Humping is not always about nookie, its a dominance thing, Tia does it to Rupert when he's annoying her, to remind him who's boss!

Back