• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
i was asked to take on a 1yr old unspayed female.
after much consideration, i decided to tell her current owners i would take her, but was going to take her to a rescue. They refused to take her to a rescue even though I explained she would be better off there, than with an inexperienced owner.

I received a voicemail today (only just listened to it) from the rescue saying they dont currently have the room for her as they've had an emergency in take of kits.

I have no idea what to do now. I am supposed to be picking her up on Thursday.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Well I see three viable options;

1 - Take the bunny and keep it. Get spayed, vaccinated at either rehome yourself or keep and bond with your buns

2 - Ring around other rescues and try and find one with a space available

3 - Say you can't take the bun?

If it were me I would be going for option 1 :oops:, but I have the space and housing to do that

Well I see three viable options;

1 - Take the bunny and keep it. Get spayed, vaccinated at either rehome yourself or keep and bond with your buns

2 - Ring around other rescues and try and find one with a space available

3 - Say you can't take the bun?

If it were me I would be going for option 1 :oops:, but I have the space and housing to do that

I considered option 1 when they first asked me. I have the space, and will have more space soon as I'm moving to a 3 bed house.
the problem I have is, my two are only 14 weeks so they are unspayed, and not able to be spayed for 6 weeks.
I don't want them to fall out, or stary fighting if I bring another bun into the home. I can keep Star separate, and in my bedroom, and can get her spayed straight away, but I'm not sure how much that will stop the affect on my two of having another bun around :/

The worry I have about not taking her, is they need her gone asap, and I don't want her going to someone who won't be able to look after her properly.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Bringing the new bunny home shouldn't upset your other 2 as long as there is enough space between them :)

Bringing the new bunny home shouldn't upset your other 2 as long as there is enough space between them :)

Not necessarily true.

Biscuit can sense if I've been near another rabbit even if I've been out of the house for several hours.

Personally, I wouldn't be taking the bunny. I'd never risk it unless I had a fool proof plan. Don't ever overstretch yourself, or put your other animals at risk.

Back