• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

non loved up bunsters :-(

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have bunnies who live together but they don't really like each other very much? Or ignore each other most of the time? :?

I used to have a pair of does who really didn't have much time for each other. I never saw them snuggle or groom each other. I lost one of them and re-bonded the remaining doe with a buck and she was completely in love with him!

Storm adored Gypsy. There was never such loved up bunsters as they. He was so lonely when she died :cry:

He now tolerates aurora, at a distance. He occasionally snaps at her if she gets too close. They don't fight though.
I so wish they would be friends. I didn't expect storm to be such a grump

Fiver and Xena were very much like this. They laid together sometimes and Fiver would groom Xena, but most of the time Xena didn't want anything to do with Fiver. This was one of the main reasons I decided to bond Shadowfax with them (I found her as a stray). I figured Shadowfax would be the "lowest" in the group and therefore Fiver would get grooms from her and fulfill his needs.

Since bonding them together Fiver and Xena are closer than ever. They are constantly laid with each other. Xena isn't as keen on Shadowfax..but Shadowfax absolutely loves both Fiver and Xena. :lol: Shadowfax is always laid with Xena, although they rarely groom. I have realised that this is just the way Xena is..she is very "haughty" and only ever gives a few cursory licks to either of them. :lol: She's very much in charge.

All my buns are very happy, though, and that's the main thing. If your buns aren't "loved up", I wouldn't worry too much as long as they aren't fighting or anything. Xena chases both Fiver and Shadowfax all the time, I feel sorry for Shadowfax because Xena does bully her, but I don't think Shadowfax realises this. :lol: She often goads Xena into chasing her and then binkies off like a naughty little kid. :lol:

I'm not saying that the answer is to bond another bun with them. This is just my experience and I was terrified that introducing another bun to the mix might completely break Fiver and Xena's bond. It took a lot of thought and planning and it was very stressful but totally worth it in the end. :)

Yes I do have a pair that live together but don't love together lol he loves her she puts up with him x

Will and Nancy are a bit like this. Will constantly grooms Nancy and she occasionally gives him a few cursory licks. It's quite funny, or sad really, that when she's washing herself Will is so small he practically gets underneath her hoping she'll wash him too.

However they do snuggle up together a lot of the time, but they do spend time at opposite ends of their home. They don't fight tho, and Nancy is very bossy. Will sometimes nicks her treats 'just because ' he's half her size too, so very brave:love:

His bond with his previous partner, his sister Poppy, who sadly died, was totally different. They were joined at the proverbial hip and they were equals.

Will adores Nancy, but I don't know if the feeling is reciprocated.:(

Funny little characters these bunnies.

Aurora wants to be friends with storm but he just doesn't want to know :cry: they never cuddle up. They just live together and ignore each other. Sometimes aurora will go over to storm to see if he wants to be friends but he either snaps at her or chases her. They don't actually fight.

Storm seems to be a bit perkier since aurora arrived. I don't know if I would call them happy together. They are not un happy. They are just an odd pair.

Storm never used to be such a grumpy git. Losing his beloved gypsy has changed him.

He may settle as time goes on, some relationships take longer than others. Especially once this time of year is out the way - even my loved up ones are crazy at the moment. I try to avoid bonding at this time of year if I can.

Cutie-pie and Mr Bennett. He doesn't like any female buns and wouldn't even tolerate her in the other room. So confusing these buns.

When I first got charlie and lola, lola was definitely in charge. She would demand grooming and charlie obliged :lol:
However, since both were neutered and spring fever crept up, charlie has begun to circle and nip at lola. This has caused a couple of fights and I thought I would have to seperate them but they seem ok now.
I wouldn't say they where loved up, they often sleep in opposite corners of their pen and I haven't seen any grooming of eachother for a while now. They just seem to tolerate eachother.
I'm hoping that this will change when I move them outside to their new shed and run :)

Willow and Smudge are like this,

They often sit at opposite ends of the run facing each other. He begs for grooms, she grooms him ...thats about as far as it goes....

Its a shame, i'd love 2 bunnies to sit and love each other loads! Xxxxxx

Back