• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat scarers?

ashbunny

Alpha Buck
We have recently moved the bunnies outside and their accommodation is pretty solid. They have a shed with attached run but we shut off the run at night.

There is a cat in the neighbourhood which has its eye on them, and I'm pretty sure for one reason only. Last summer I was out in the garden with Ash (who was running around freely), I was sitting down and it crept up behind me ready to pounce. :shock: I am not normally here during the day in the week, but this morning it has come in our garden three times to investigate. I am fairly sure it considers our garden to be its territory as it's always coming in and using our lawn as a toilet. The main thing I am worried about is them being scared of it eyeing them up constantly.

There are lots of things on the market that claim to put cats off, but I don't want to waste loads of money on something that doesn't work. So, recommendations please? :wave:

Foxwatch.

I know it's marketed for foxes but it also works on cats. I know it works for two reasons, one being we used to find cat poo all over the lawn, and now we don't. Also, I watched from the window a cat walk into the garden, then as soon as it detected the cat and lit up the cat spooked and was gone in a blink :D

Foxwatch.

I know it's marketed for foxes but it also works on cats. I know it works for two reasons, one being we used to find cat poo all over the lawn, and now we don't. Also, I watched from the window a cat walk into the garden, then as soon as it detected the cat and lit up the cat spooked and was gone in a blink :D

I used to have a Foxwatch (second one broke after only a few weeks and I can't be bothered complaining again), and none of my cats were bothered by it. So I guess not all cats can hear it. Still worth a try though.

what works is a well aimed water pistol when it least expects it.
I like cats, have owned cats but I don't like cats harassing my aviary birds /hens etc and have found a water pistol works . doesn't hurt the cat but lets them know in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome.

Thanks everyone, I've heard of Foxwatch but didn't try it cos it's quite an expensive product if it goes wrong! I think I might give it a go though... Apparently there is a Catwatch too, I wonder if they provide some kind of guarantee that if it doesn't work you can get your money back?

I thought of the water pistol idea, but every time I open the door the cat runs away. Plus I would like to leave them and not worry, a lot of the time we are both out at work all day.

Back