• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunnies are EVERYWHERE!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
There's an abundance of rabbits all over the university campus, there are places I can walk where I'd be surprised not to see a single rabbit, even over winter! So now it's Spring there's lots of baby bunnies coming out :love: I've seen 2 babies on each drive past the rabbity areas in the last week! Today there was one who looked about 7-8 weeks, but also a much smaller one who I reckon was 5-6 weeks! They were happily munching on grass nearby to each other :love:

I do find it strange that rabbits breed all year round yet I only see babies in spring! I'm guessing it's just warmer and there's lots of good grass so they hop out of their burrows earlier, whereas in Winter it's too cold to come out into view until they are bigger!

Awww can I come live at your university to drool over them? :love::love::love: baby bunnies are the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awww :love: for a minute there I feared your uni had been breeding rabbits, but then realised you meant wildies :love:

Definitely wildies!!! Although I saw a little ginger baby last spring, but after seeing him/her and being really worried that he/she was a released domestic I saw quite a few ginger adult wildies so I reckon a few generations back there was an escaped domestic that had it's way with the wildie population!

Awww can I come live at your university to drool over them? :love::love::love: baby bunnies are the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the area the uni in isn't the nicest (although not far out is), the best thing about the whole area in my opinion is the fact that bunnies are all over it!

Aww cute :love: are you at Coventry uni or is that your home town? We also have the babies coming out of their nests here at home, it's so cute to see all the teeny babies! I don't think wild bunnies normally do breed all year round - the increasing day length triggers their hormones to stimulate the breeding cycle in spring, and the opposite happens in autumn. We still get pet babies in winter though don't we...maybe the same isn't as true of domestic rabbits because of the way we keep them and possibly the artificial light etc? Curious!!

Must be lovely to see all the little babies there, they can half move quickly when they want to, can't they!

Aww cute :love: are you at Coventry uni or is that your home town? We also have the babies coming out of their nests here at home, it's so cute to see all the teeny babies! I don't think wild bunnies normally do breed all year round - the increasing day length triggers their hormones to stimulate the breeding cycle in spring, and the opposite happens in autumn. We still get pet babies in winter though don't we...maybe the same isn't as true of domestic rabbits because of the way we keep them and possibly the artificial light etc? Curious!!

Must be lovely to see all the little babies there, they can half move quickly when they want to, can't they!

I'm at Warwick university, which is on the edge of Coventry strangely! Not in Warwick at all! I'm calling Coventry my home though too as it looks like I'll be here for a long time!

Not sure, I know sheep have ovulation and breeding stimulated by increased day length but I thought rabbits were just continuous breeders! Not really sure though!

Back