• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you attach a mesh door to your sheds?

Neve

Warren Scout
Any pictures/ explanation of how you attached a mesh door ( behind a wooden door). To your sheds

Any pictures/ explanation of how you attached a mesh door ( behind a wooden door). To your sheds

Not yet but I'm about to do this on my shed :lol: I've already made a barrier to stop them bolting when I open door, I used an old trellis panel that was just about the right size and cut it down to make the barrier, I painted it and added mesh, then the other part will become the door which I'll attach to the inside of the shed on hinges. I know it's hard to picture how it will work so if I get round to doing it soon I'll post some pics for u! I thought the trellis panel was the easiest solution rather than making a frame or buying an aviary panel, only prob is your vision of the bunnies won't be as good, but it will still let plenty of light and fresh air in for them :thumb:

Mines purely a barrier to stop the buns bolting out when we go in through the human door, I used a panel from one of the old runs for it. I did it myself as OH was too busy and had already spent too much time on meshing the run, I just did a bodge job by hammering a few hoop nails into the shed door frame on one side then tiewrapped it on with some extra thick tie wraps to fashion a few "hinges" It was only supposed to be temporary but it's still on 6 months later :oops::lol:

Mine is a panel which I attach using a hook and an eye screwed onto the shed door frame and the mesh frame and I just hook it on and off.

Bellas door opens inwards but I have no clue because my grandad done It years ago :lol:

But I have to figure it out again now because Binkys shed plans are going ahead!

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

found a few pics

Photo025.jpg

Photo035.jpg

13112010009.jpg

I would have thought that sort of thing would be right up Gs street!!

We weren't together then! Hadn't met him! :lol:

This weekend we have painted the shed and runs, scrubbed the runs clean, added new lino inside and new wooden door panel ( that was chewed) and lastly will be getting turf soon so they can have a little grassy patch. So yes he is handy. :lol:

We made a frame out of treated wood, with 2 bars across middle (so door is in 3 sections) all held together in the corners with L brackets and screwed. We have two of these, and in between is welded mesh panels. All bolted together with threaded bar and capped nuts to make it strong and safe.
It's attached with 4 big hinges, and has three padlocks (middle, top and bottom) attached to eye bolt thingys
I will take photos when I get home

This is our mesh door:

WP_001957_zps7ceeea2e.jpg

The cross bars are attached like this
WP_001960_zps3e946b7c.jpg

Top and bottom cross bars like this
WP_001959_zpsfa5a811e.jpg

There are two identical frames, then the mesh panels are squashed between (stapled also to one side) and then all bolted together with capped nuts.
WP_001963_zps70ef9604.jpg

Then padlocked top middle and bottom
WP_001961_zpse95ef391.jpg

WP_001967_zps84c986bd.jpg

By the time I remembered to take photos, I'd given them their breakfast so couldn't get pictures of the hinges - but I'll do that later tonight after work.

Last edited:
Has anyone double meshed their door? how did you do it? did you do a piece of mesh on each side or did you just layer them up?? :wave:

hi guys :wave: thanks for all your pics and suggestions, i dont think there would be room for it to open inwards i will have a look sometime next week and take some pictures. sure i'll figure something out :lol:

Back