• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Almost Lost Endeavour to Acute Bloat Last Night :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
It was absolutely awful :cry:

Over the last 2 hours he has started to improve so we hopefully wont have to risk sedation and 'tubing' him

It must be the result of too much too rich grass, even though he has been out on grass every day for the last year.

This has been the worst case of bloat I have ever seen

:cry:

Oh how awful :cry: poor boy. Daisy always has problems with the new grass, even though she lives outside and is on it every day :( she is normally fine after a few hours though, but it's awful, I know :( sending tons of vibes for Endeavour xxx

I know how you feel as exactly the same thing happened to Pea a couple of years ago. It really was touch and go. Glad to hear he's slowly improving :thumb:.

:love:

Nothing quite like a bit of bloat stress for the early hours of a Sunday :( I'm glad he is looking perkier now. *hugs* to you as well :)

!!!!! That gave me a fright - naughty tummy. Glad to hear he's doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pleased to hear endeavour is better this morning. It is so frustrating that buns don't know when to stop munching & make themselves bloat :(

Bloat seems to be a reoccurring thing....is it a rex problem or something you're feeding them? It must be very worrying indeed. Glad he is feeling better now :D

Bloat seems to be a reoccurring thing....is it a rex problem or something you're feeding them? It must be very worrying indeed. Glad he is feeling better now :D

Why would I keep feeding my Rabbits something if I knew it would give them bloat :? What a very strange thing to ask me :?

And yes, some Rexes do have GI tract problems, often exacerbated by the fact that they are usually very greedy

Oh no poor Endeavour :cry: and poor you too Jane. Hope he's back to his normal cheeky self now xx

Back