• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

garden centres

NJK

Warren Scout
Today I took my daughter and some friends to a garden centre for tea and (extortionate!!) cake with friends where they had newborn lambs , swans, chickens ... you get the idea. It was lovely until I saw the size of this rabbit hutch they were selling. I would not be exaggerating if I said it was the size of an average cardboard box. You would seriously think it was a little hideaway you would keep in a run. I asked the man if he didn't think it was cruel to suggest rabbits could live in it but he had made it so didn't get v far!! Anyway I have just written to the manager so hopefully it will be removed. I am not usually so assertive but just felt so sad and angry I did something (helped along by a little PMT!!). Anyway just thought I'd share.

Good for you. You never know, it might just make them research rabbit care properly :wave:

Today I took my daughter and some friends to a garden centre for tea and (extortionate!!) cake with friends where they had newborn lambs , swans, chickens ... you get the idea. It was lovely until I saw the size of this rabbit hutch they were selling. I would not be exaggerating if I said it was the size of an average cardboard box. You would seriously think it was a little hideaway you would keep in a run. I asked the man if he didn't think it was cruel to suggest rabbits could live in it but he had made it so didn't get v far!! Anyway I have just written to the manager so hopefully it will be removed. I am not usually so assertive but just felt so sad and angry I did something (helped along by a little PMT!!). Anyway just thought I'd share.

PMT has its uses, Ive made complaints when hormonal when Id have normally been quiet :)

Back