• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this work as a hutch?

dominoid

Warren Scout
Seems like it's designed like a shed but lower. The buns have a welfare hutches run that's to be permaconnected so it wouldn't be their only space.

:lol: I've done that before, don't worry!

I would say go for the higher one. I was limited with the shed I currently have - my parents wanted it to be only just over 5ft at the front and about 4.5ft at the back. It limits me with shelving - I could keep a lot more in there if it wasn't for that. I can stand in the front bit because I'm a shortie, but not many other people can :lol: And I can't stand up at the back. It's okay, but in the future I'd always get a higher one especially if there's no real difference in the price :D

Both would work but overlap isn't very good quality and will need replacing quicker than shipap/T+G. This would work much better http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/The-4000-Range/22566 .

I got a new shed last year for my lot and I used a local shed company. They were very competitively priced, good quality and they came and built it here all in the price plus I could have added extras such as a stable door etc. If you order online you would need to put it up yourselves.

Both would work but overlap isn't very good quality and will need replacing quicker than shipap/T+G. This would work much better http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/The-4000-Range/22566 .

I got a new shed last year for my lot and I used a local shed company. They were very competitively priced, good quality and they came and built it here all in the price plus I could have added extras such as a stable door etc. If you order online you would need to put it up yourselves.

That does look nice but it's a little out of my budget right now. I was looking on Very in particular because I have an account with them so I can pay over 12 months rather than all in one lump sum, but I really want a better home for the buns for when Cloud's leg gets better because I'm worried that the hutch might be why he hurt his leg (It has a ramp and he cuts the corner to get down quicker sometimes so I want that gone before he goes back in it)

Assembly wise, I'm happy to do that myself, I've built sheds before and I actually really enjoy DIY anyway; it makes me feel manly for a change XD. Plus, if I've assembled it myself then I'll feel more confident modding it with bunny accessories as I'll know exactly how it all goes together already.

Back