• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What insurance covers dentals???

moi

Mama Doe
Just looked at the small print on mine, and they cover it after 2 years! Poop! Bunny has been insured for a year x

Petplan don't cover routine dentals. However, they have always paid out for me for a dental when it has been in relation to another illness - e.g. stasis/weight-loss. They usually include a note saying that they have paid out because it was part of treatment for another condition and reminding me that they don't cover routine dentals. I guess it is individually assessed to determine if it is routine dental work or more. I do have to get a dental check done annually, but I get my buns' done frequently anyway.

Petplan don't cover routine dentals. However, they have always paid out for me for a dental when it has been in relation to another illness - e.g. stasis/weight-loss. They usually include a note saying that they have paid out because it was part of treatment for another condition and reminding me that they don't cover routine dentals. I guess it is individually assessed to determine if it is routine dental work or more. I do have to get a dental check done annually, but I get my buns' done frequently anyway.
I'm wondering if there is anyway I can get around it.x

I'm wondering if there is anyway I can get around it.x

I'm not sure there is. Their terms specifically mention that they'll only pay for dental treatment where it's to relieve suffering (which would be stasis etc that nessar mentioned) but then goes on to say that you have to have had the policy for at least 2 years so I don't think there would be a way round the 2 year exclusion. :?

We will not pay:
the cost of dental treatment to relieve suffering due to illness, unless the treatment was recommended and undertaken after the first 2 years of cover, there is a history of annual check-ups
and the treatment is carried out within 6 months of recommendation. However the cost of trimming, burring or rasping rabbits’ teeth is not covered under this policy;

Petplan told me that they cover dentals if a yearly dental check is carried out. My vet checks my buns teeth every time they see them so I'm covered :p

Pets at Home cover Mr Bennett's dentals but the excess is £75 plus 10% of the bill, so it worked out the time before last that the dental and excess were the same amount so there was no point claiming. I will claim this time as it cost more due to gut problems caused by the dental or because he needed a dental he developed gut problems.

Just got back from the vets to visit Bunny, it turns out he may not need dental after all :D Hes had various meds and is looking soooo much better than yesterday. He was munching on some hay and a little bit of food. And got quite annoyed when I popped him back in his hospital cage and started throwing things around. Normally Id get upset that he was annoyed but it was so nice to see some life in him :) I now wont see him until monday when hopefully I can bring him home x

Just looked at the small print on mine, and they cover it after 2 years! Poop! Bunny has been insured for a year x

Has the dental issue caused any other problems health wise?

If they have, I would claim as dental work would be needed in order to fix those issues.

Just got back from the vets to visit Bunny, it turns out he may not need dental after all :D Hes had various meds and is looking soooo much better than yesterday. He was munching on some hay and a little bit of food. And got quite annoyed when I popped him back in his hospital cage and started throwing things around. Normally Id get upset that he was annoyed but it was so nice to see some life in him :) I now wont see him until monday when hopefully I can bring him home x

Aaah that sounds much better. Hopefully he will be ok now :D

Back