• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor William & Lexie UD p14 Pics

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Lexie the Flemish Giant turned on William the Rex and has sliced the skin off his nose :( He's been extra humpy recently and I think she'd had enough. I've spoken to the emergency vet and he doesn't think there's much he can do. So I've cleaned the wound and given him some Metacam, and he'll be checked by a vet in the morning. The vet thinks it'll scab over and heal up.

I think I'm more shaken up than William! I've brought him in to keep an eye on him, but he's casually munching away like there's nothing wrong. Lexie is a little jumpy now. I hope they can be friends again :(

Last edited:
Ouch :( hope the wound heals really quickly, would be a shame if the bond has completely broken, vibes x

Both Levi and Daisy have been humping each other a lot. (Both ends, Levi tends to do it the normal way and daisy head humps) and I am nervous that one day they will have had enough and hurt each other though *touch wood* I've not found so much as a scratch on either so far and they are both loved up. Hope William feels better soon.

Thanks guys. William is staying at the vets for surgery :( They're going to try to either stitch the flap of skin back on or remove it. He's a healthy boy and has been eating and pooping normally, but any GA is still a worry.

All the buns have been extra humpy recently. Stupid spring. I'm sure Lexie didn't mean to hurt her friend so badly, she just has big claws.

Sending millions of vibes. Also hoping you are ok Helen, I know you miss Salem terribly. Sending a massive hug. xxx

:cry: Thank you xx

The op went well and they've managed to stitch the skin back together. Don't know if he'll be coming home tonight yet, they'll call at 5pm and let me know how he's doing.

The vet said someone would call at 5pm to let me know what was happening. I'm still waiting :( The emergency number just goes to voicemail, so they're probably dealing with an emergency before doing the rounds. I don't blame them, but it's worrying not knowing what's going on :(

I'm so glad the op went well :)
It seriously pees me off when they don't phone when they are supposed too. I know an emergency is likely but you are paying for that service and are worrying so they should make the effort.

Thank you. After two and a half hours I couldn't wait any longer and left a message on the emergency vet's phone. Ten minutes later someone called me back. William had recovered well and came home last night. His nose doesn't look very pretty, but he's fine :)

Some pics of William's nose job. They've done a very good job of stitching it back together. I should have taken some pics of how bad it was before, but I didn't think about that at the time.

Ouchie! That looks painful. Sending him gentle nose rubs to store for when he's better :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back