• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed and run finished, and the bunnies are here

yamazumi

Warren Scout
They actually moved back last Friday but haven't gotten around to posting.
The shed is a 6x4 and the run is 9x4x3ft

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo10_1280.jpg

I want to add more to their run, I have an old toy chest on legs, with a hole cut in the front, that I've been stripping the paint off for weeks (my OH did part of it and I made a feeble attempt at one side more like), and I'm planning on covering it in tarpaulin and having that at one end.

I also want to add a proper digging pit. Would people recommend sand or soil? I was thinking about one of those childrens plastic turtle shaped ones, but being an awkward shape I'm not sure. What do people use?

Here's some pics of the buns enjoying the garden.

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4ldcpv31U1qjdlifo3_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, lucky bunnies! The digging pit sounds great but I'm not sure if sand or soil's best either. I'm sure someone who knows will be along soon.

Looks brilliant :thumb: I've been trying to figure out the best thing for a digging pit too, I've found out that garden soil is the only thing that will hold up burrows because of the clay content. I'm hoping I have enough around my garden to fill my pit, but mines quite deep so I'd like them to be able to burrow. Some people don't recommend sand in case it gets in eyes but I've seen lots of set ups that do include sand! I planned to copy one I'd seen where they'd filled an old tire with sand but don't want to take up too much floor space in the run, although I'm still tempted! If I was doing a shallow pit I'd probably go for topsoil or whatever is cheapest! As long as it's nothing with added fertilisers as a lot of composts are.

Back