• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

off to the vets... very worried.

moi

Mama Doe
Bunny has not eaten for a day and is lethergic. When I got home from work he was sitting out in the rain soaking wet, I dried him off rubbed his tummy and popped him inside. Now off to the vets to see whats going on. As far as I can see hes pooping, but then he does share with another buns so I dont know :( We dont know how old he is x

Ive had to leave him overnight.... oh my I feel lost so I dunno how poor Bunny and his mate Benji are feeling. Hes having injections of gut stimulant, meds, pain relief etc, also he has spurs on his teeth that are being removed in the morning. Im wondering how long they have been there as the previous (rubbish) vets he went to for vaccination seemed to think feeling his cheeks was sufficient enough to determine his teeth were fine :shock: Obviously I then asked her to look in his mouth but she looked for about a second and said alls fine :shock:

Anyhow the vet I see today was very good. She said I could take him home and give regular syringe feeds etc or they could keep him in and do injections etc. I said whatever she thought was best and she complimented me saying it was lovely to have a bunny owner that wanted what was best for Bunny and that quite often people asked for either the cheaper option or to have the rabbit put to sleep rather than pay out:shock:

I didnt think about doing that? Would they charge for 2 buns overnight?? Its too late now anyhow as hes there x

i wouldn't think they'd charge for both as they encourage them to stay together. we've certainly only been charged for one, and other times they didn't charge at all for either, just for the treatment. :thumb:

eta: it can help with recovery aswell apparantly as they have each other. x

Back