• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Friend Found a Baby Rabbit

kazz

Alpha Buck
My friend has posted on FB that she found a baby rabbit at the side of the road and has taken it home.

RSPCA said take it to the vets and I've told her to try local rescues. She lives in Doncaster and I know Scunthorpe has a rabbit rescue with babies at the moment but the lady who owns it has just had an operation and is having help from volunteers.

I think shes planning on ringing anyway but I was wondering if there were anyone out there nearby with experience of young ones? The eyes are open if that gives anyone an idea on age. She's scared it'll die :( I've got some fibreplex and rabbit recovery sachets but I don't know if it'll be too young for them?

I know there's BARC but I don't know who runs it or if they have space... Any help appreciated.

She should take it to a vets. As it's a stray they won't charge her but they'll care for it. If she'd like to keep it she can leave her details with the vets and they can get in touch with her if it's not claimed?

I think it was a wild one but she did get in touch with the out of hours pdsa who said to take it to them in Sheffield.

Unfortunately it died as she was preparing it for the journey :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Oh poor thing :(

It had obviously been turfed out of the nest by its mother as she could sense it wasn't going to make it. How sad :(

Back